I have a peavey 6505+ that sounds pretty good but would i want to try a pod hd pro.. I know that sounds crazy. In order to try it out id have to sell my peavey.
You have to SELL your 6505+ to TRY OUT something?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by Sumlover41
You have to SELL your 6505+ to TRY OUT something?

Yeah I don't know I take chances sometimes. But this is something I don't wanna chance cuz its a lot of money. And I haven't tried one in person I haven't seen one at guitar center either.
I'm confused, your thinking of replacing your Peavey 6505 to get a POD, yet you can't try it out? At least that's the understanding I've got. Don't, is all I'm going to say, I think it's a silly idea, a POD is no match for a real amp. If you aren't happy with the tone of your 6505 I'd say look for another amp. What kinda tone are you looking for?
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Any7423
I'm confused, your thinking of replacing your Peavey 6505 to get a POD, yet you can't try it out? At least that's the understanding I've got. Don't, is all I'm going to say, I think it's a silly idea, a POD is no match for a real amp. If you aren't happy with the tone of your 6505 I'd say look for another amp. What kinda tone are you looking for?

My 6505 does have a really good tone I guess I was just looking at simplicity in having everything in one. but in all truth tube > digital.
I own both the 6505+ and the Pod HD Pro. I use the Pod strictly for demo recordings - I would never use it live. The 6505+ is a killer amp - I use a TC Electronic G-System for effects. I'm sure the draw of the Pod might be that you have all of your effects and amp options in one piece of gear, but I don't think its an adequate replacement for a high-quality tube amp and quality effects systems. The only digital multi-effect rig I would suggest in place of a normal tube amp is the Fractal Audio AxFX II
Gear
PRS SE Custom 22
PRS SE Tremonti
ESP EC-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Martin DCPA3
Peavey 6505+
TC Electronic G-System
Quote by whatampman?!
My 6505 does have a really good tone I guess I was just looking at simplicity in having everything in one. but in all truth tube > digital.

Keep your amp man, you'd only be disappointed.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
Quote by bballdevil187
I own both the 6505+ and the Pod HD Pro. I use the Pod strictly for demo recordings - I would never use it live. The 6505+ is a killer amp - I use a TC Electronic G-System for effects. I'm sure the draw of the Pod might be that you have all of your effects and amp options in one piece of gear, but I don't think its an adequate replacement for a high-quality tube amp and quality effects systems. The only digital multi-effect rig I would suggest in place of a normal tube amp is the Fractal Audio AxFX II

Thanks for clearing that up man. I'm just starting to get into all the effects stuff in racks. What foot controller do you use for the g- system? And what about axe fx ultra? Nvm g system is already a foot controller I meant the g-major unless the only foot controller for that is the g-system?
Last edited by whatampman?! at Mar 26, 2012,