ok, I am using Cubase 5 as my DAW. I run Guitar Rig 4 with it, and lately I purchased a midi keyboard. If I use guitar rig, it says i must switch to the "ASIO Direct X Full Duplex Driver. I did that. then when i play my midi keyboard, i get terrible latency. The keyboard works perfect when i switch back to the ASIO UX1 setting. (UX1 is the external sound card I bought long ago.

So what im asking is this...

Is there a way to switch to a setting that will work for both the keyboard and guitar rig?
Or is there a way to change the settings to get 0 latency with my keyboard?

thanks to anyone who helps!
Oh hey, I didn't see you there
Yezzir, get ASIO4ALL2 and use that as your audio driver in Cubase. You'll have to swap your input between the UX1 and the keyboard in the ASIO settings when you want to record each, but there will be very little latency.
Let's party.
Quote by Odirunn
Yezzir, get ASIO4ALL2 and use that as your audio driver in Cubase. You'll have to swap your input between the UX1 and the keyboard in the ASIO settings when you want to record each, but there will be very little latency.

Shouldn't the UX1 do both? The UX2 does and the UX2 driver is a lot better than ASIO4ALL in terms of lag as well.

Switch drivers for recordings is rubbish. I would never use a DAW or driver that required that.
Last edited by FireHawk at Mar 26, 2012,
Quote by FireHawk
Shouldn't the UX1 do both? The UX2 does and the UX2 driver is a lot better than ASIO4ALL in terms of lag as well.

Switch drivers for recordings is rubbish. I would never use a DAW or driver that required that.

Thats what i was thinking. I tried doing this, and it worked. BUT if i didnt completely close out all of my programs, including cubase, it would glitch out and freeze up.

I guess what I need is to figure out how to figure out how to use the guitar rig with the ASIO UX1 driver.

(the keyboard connects via usb if that makes any difference.)

thanks guys!
Oh hey, I didn't see you there