So right now i have a line 6 spider III and a squier strat SSS. Not really ideal for the metal/hard rock i wanna play. So will this help me get the tone i want.

Step one) http://www.guitarfetish.com/Lil-Killer-White-Humbucker-Humbucker-Strats-3-Versions-Available_p_463.html (lead version) in my bridge pickup spot

Step two) buy this amp http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-VT20--20W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-106219355-i1570230.gc

Step three get a below $100 distortion/tubescreamer(if that would work on this amp) pedal.

I really only 250$ usd to spend so if you can make anyother suggestions that would imporve my tone that would be nice but this is really the best case scenerio i could come up with
The Vox is a good amp and all but I think you might just be better off getting a peavey vypyr 30 (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922869-i1413606.gc) that will take care of your amp and your pedals, and the tone is none to shabby. ass far as pickups go I would take a look at some of the "stacked" models the seymour duncan has
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
I recommend saving up a little cash. That pickup still doesn't sound like a humbucker; it's a stacked single. If you're getting an amp, might as well get something really kickass.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I believe that the pick up is a stacked knock off of a seymour duncan. I read reviews that say its better then the stacked duncans and ill look at the vyper
I like vt's, never heard a vyper but judging by its reputation I'd say get the vyper if you're into metal, otherwise, the vt would be my pick. Go used and you could get something better, even with a couple hundred bucks
I was thinking that too. how much would i get for my Spider? Also if i get the vyper would it be possible to get the metal tone even with the squier peice of shit i have?
Quote by Slash'sProtege
I was thinking that too. how much would i get for my Spider? Also if i get the vyper would it be possible to get the metal tone even with the squier peice of shit i have?

That would depend on the size of the amp, if its like a 15 watt then $75 if your lucky. Also, that vypyr has a much better metal tone compared to the VT but, you will have to sacrifice some cleaner tones.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Your spider works fine, selling it and getting another tiny modeller would be redundant.

What bands do you like the sound of?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Your spider works fine, selling it and getting another tiny modeller would be redundant.

What bands do you like the sound of?

Not really considering that spider's tone is crappy. Plus at his budget he has very little chance of getting anything else at that cheap of a price.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I like avenged sevenfold slash and randy rhoads. And im willing to live with the Spider if i have to because im currently not gigging
Grab a used flextone for 150 sell your spider and save for a used ltd with emg's. Thats your best cheap solution.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Slash'sProtege
I like avenged sevenfold slash and randy rhoads. And im willing to live with the Spider if i have to because im currently not gigging

Where are you located? If you go used, you can get a Peavey ValveKing and an OD like a Bad Monkey, TS7 or SD-1. in your budget.

If you're willing to save up, you can get one of the good Jet City amps (whichever ones have the proper high gain channel), which would do what you want well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Where are you located? If you go used, you can get a Peavey ValveKing and an OD like a Bad Monkey, TS7 or SD-1. in your budget.

If you're willing to save up, you can get one of the good Jet City amps (whichever ones have the proper high gain channel), which would do what you want well.

Listen to this.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
New amp, then guitar.

Always new amp. The Strat will be perfectly fine for learning. Invest in a new amp first. Look for a Classic 30 and an OD used, or a Jet City new or used.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I've seen valveking's on Craigslist going for bout $200. Maybe you can trade the spider for a cheap pedal. It can be done
So definetly a Valveking with an OD is my best bet? I want something where if i get into a band i can atleast mic up and it will sound tube like. Thats why i dont want to get a Vyper. Its just a good version of a Line6 that i already hate
Quote by Slash'sProtege
So definetly a Valveking with an OD is my best bet? I want something where if i get into a band i can atleast mic up and it will sound tube like. Thats why i dont want to get a Vyper. Its just a good version of a Line6 that i already hate

FWIW, the Vypyr Tube is a totally different ball game. I own the Tube 120H and the SS 75. The 75 is way more one dimensional, compressed and grainy. The 120H is just a beast.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Slash'sProtege
I dont have money for the 120 or a need. Im just jamming in my house right now

Well I'm here to tell you tat a valveking isnt the greatest amp until you mod it and that can very easily $200 if you get good supplies. Your best bets are going to be: Jet city 20 which is a soild amp that wll give you good marshally tones and give you a great thrash tone if you put a pedal in front of it. Peavey classic 30 is a middy sounding amp its very good if you play a lot of 80's styled stuff and the cleans good as well. Peavey VYPYR Tube 60, excellent amp and very good for home use but its also the most expensive at $450. All in a all the classic may be your best bet but it is a litttle lower on the scale IMO don't get me wrong though its still a great amp.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit