Hi folks, this is my first post here (i think), hopefully many more to come

Well, this is me playing a section of trilogy suite op 3 by Yngwie Malmsteen. I hope you like it and if you want tabs, bt's or anything, you can ask me. The BT used was sequenced and mixed by myself, sure i could have downloaded a better sounding one from the internet but i wanted to learn to do them by myself...

Anyway I wanted to record the whole song but some licks were too difficult to master in a few days so i just recorded until the keyboard solo. One day I'll record the whole thing

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LPtl4aX4iQ

Thanks for watching

Gus
Last edited by GustavoTM at Apr 1, 2012,
Awesome technique! I really don't get UG subscribers. This is actually a great guitar player, and your video has been watched by 74 people, but no comments. Yet, they'll comment on some half ass played, worn out Metallica song. C'mon UGer's don't be threatened by a guitar player who can actually play. Give him the feedback he deserves. Anyway, great job man. Don't let the no comments people keep you from posting more stuff. It's actually nice to see people on here who can actually play with some skill.
Thank u so much! Now I will definitely post more stuff here and try to watch other people's vids too. I must admit i was surprised about people visiting a thread but no comments, good or bad... But no hard feelings, i know what is like to be new in a community like this... Anyway, about my technique, well I think it may be above average here in spain but in america is just average, there so many great players there! I've seen this very same song played by young kids on youtube so many times, lol
Fantastic, very well done! I'm an Yngwie fan myself, in fact, when I was younger and going through a massive Yngwie phase, I used to play this particular piece, so I definitely understand the skill and dedication required to get it as tight as you have, the only thing I say, and this may hold no weight at all, as I've not heard the piece in months, is that it sounds like you've had a bit of an improvise around the two string sweeps to make it your own, and I much preferred Yngwie's straight two string sweeps, as it makes it a lot more flowing, however I can appreciate the fact that your version requires a lot of skill, and they are clean.

I'm interested in seeing how well you tackle the rest, very good job.
Quote by GustavoTM
Well I think it may be above average here in spain but in america is just average, there so many great players there!

Don't be so modest, you're way above average!

Actually there's nothing bad I can say, your playing was supertight!
I do prefer Malmsteen's tone though, a little bit hotter/dirtier and some delay. Maybe you could experiment with that?
Quote by CelestialGuitar
Fantastic, very well done! I'm an Yngwie fan myself, in fact, when I was younger and going through a massive Yngwie phase, I used to play this particular piece, so I definitely understand the skill and dedication required to get it as tight as you have, the only thing I say, and this may hold no weight at all, as I've not heard the piece in months, is that it sounds like you've had a bit of an improvise around the two string sweeps to make it your own, and I much preferred Yngwie's straight two string sweeps, as it makes it a lot more flowing, however I can appreciate the fact that your version requires a lot of skill, and they are clean.

I'm interested in seeing how well you tackle the rest, very good job.

Thanks! Someone who has gone through an Yng's phase when younger must be very good already, do you have any recordings or videos.. ? Yeah those triads played 1-2-3 with down-down-up are the way Yngwie originally played it. I avoided it coz honestly i am not that good with alternate picking and as you can see it requires very fast and clean "outside picking" (up in the 1st string, down in the 2nd one). But I swear when i record the whole song, some day, i will play it the "orthodox" way, ehhe

Quote by n00bje

Don't be so modest, you're way above average!

Actually there's nothing bad I can say, your playing was supertight!
I do prefer Malmsteen's tone though, a little bit hotter/dirtier and some delay. Maybe you could experiment with that?

hehe, I swear, i want to believe I am just average, that way I will keep motivated and practising...

About the tone, I agree, maybe i could use some more gain... I am using an ESP with active EMG's, and Marshall JMP1, pretty hard to nail Yngwie's tone with that gear, these pickups are super clean and also my playing tends to be too clean. I copied the eq of Y. guitar using the run at the beginning of the song, the pluging did a good job but the low end part of the sound is impossible to copy unless i am using a real tube amb at high volume... (i think.. xD)

Quote by Niko92
Impressive! very clean and fast One day I hope to play fast as you

If you want take a look to my video it's the rendition of a classical mozart masterpiece
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527174

Hehe, thanks.. Of course you will, anyone can be as fast, it's just repetitive practicing... Ok, i'll check you vid in a minute

Quote by FallenDestiny
Wow. Just wow. This must have been a really hard song to nail, even such a small part of it. Kudos to you man. Can't really say I found a mistake. Every single note was clean, and your timing was impeccable. Please post more

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1529963

Thanks !! My idea is to upload new stuff every week, trying to improve on the weak spots that you may notice, that's why i am looking for comments. This week i've been sick and very weak so no new vid but in a few days I will upload some iron maiden songs

I'll check your vid too in a minute, thanks for all the comments!
Quote by GustavoTM
Thanks! Someone who has gone through an Yng's phase when younger must be very good already, do you have any recordings or videos.. ? Yeah those triads played 1-2-3 with down-down-up are the way Yngwie originally played it. I avoided it coz honestly i am not that good with alternate picking and as you can see it requires very fast and clean "outside picking" (up in the 1st string, down in the 2nd one). But I swear when i record the whole song, some day, i will play it the "orthodox" way, ehhe

Thank you very much, and don't worry, I understand completely, they are very tricky, when I first learned this piece, I actually tapped those, so I can understand how fiddly they can be at first. And I don't have many recordings or videos yet, sadly, just getting my recording gear sorted out so I can get decent quality, so I'll be hopefully recording soon, hopefully you can check it out when it gets done ^_^ Very well done, and I'm looking to see you do more stuff, I have no clue what music you're into, but it'd be ace to see if you end up doing some Sonata Arctica and Symphony X, I reckon you could do both really well.