I was wondering if this would be a good P.A system for small clubs and coffee shops ect ect, i play acoustic singer/songwriter style so i will be using it for vocals and acoustic guitar.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Harbinger-HA120-Portable-PA-System-105776611-i1509687.gc
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker
I was wondering if this would be a good P.A system for small clubs and coffee shops ect ect, i play acoustic singer/songwriter style so i will be using it for vocals and acoustic guitar.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Harbinger-HA120-Portable-PA-System-105776611-i1509687.gc

it would fair ok for that. i'd prefer something a bit more robust. those system easily get bogged down and you don't get much freq range with smaller systems like this. a system like this will struggle just to do 2 instruments and it will sound strained doing it.

i may use a system like this for monitoring a medium/large gig for a small group. i wouldn't use it for mains because it wouldn't sound appealing. it would work for a budget conscious musician, and you can upgrade and use this for monitoring at gigs.

i'd prefer something with a bigger power section for the headroom and extra low end response for a mains setup. i'd prefer 15" drivers.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Mar 26, 2012,
I have never heard of that brand so I can't comment on quality but on paper that would be the bare minimum you'd need. Unfortunately specs on paper rarely correlate to reality. They say 120W, which is just enough, but is it actually 120W in reality? Power ratings are the most lied about specification on the planet.
If it is actually what it says it is it would probably be ok. If I were you I'd hunt down as many reviews on it as you can find. Google is your friend.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^harbinger. very entry level, find them at guitar center in the US. kinda like a store brand to a certain extent.

you would feel the same way about it as you felt about silvertones.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Cathbard
I have never heard of that brand so I can't comment on quality but on paper that would be the bare minimum you'd need. Unfortunately specs on paper rarely correlate to reality. They say 120W, which is just enough, but is it actually 120W in reality? Power ratings are the most lied about specification on the planet.
If it is actually what it says it is it would probably be ok. If I were you I'd hunt down as many reviews on it as you can find. Google is your friend.

yeah most reviews are 4-5 stars with the occasional i have been playing music for 50 years and used some of the best and this sucks type of deal. my friend has the step down an 80watt version and it does not sound to bad they hook 3 mics for vocals so i am sure this will do good for me.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe