http://soundcloud.com/lascailles-shroud/evolved-tc-e-new-mix-test

Feel free to nit pick at this. Since its 13:30+ long, I would direct you to listen to 1:25 until about 5:30 since it covers the entire song mix wise.

Tried a new mic technique and new breathing "technique", also experimented with mic placement and altered the room a bit during recording. I feel that it is much stronger than the previous mix, seen here: (if you want to compare)

http://soundcloud.com/lascailles-shroud/evolved

I think this mix was too harsh and a bit loud, not that loud is bad but I felt I went to far in the mastering process.

New mix also has changed guitars, I re-recorded them as I ended realizing the first mix was just to gain heavy, and I prefer the dry clarity of the newer mix.

So, Like I said, tried a lot of new things that I think really helped me, but I always want to hear what people think.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Sounds spacey to me. Not sure what where you going for cause it's very odd. When the vocals come in works well with everything. The intro bothered me though. Pardon me you said to be brutally honest. The weee and wooshing sounds annoyed me. Then you got into the groove with the vocals and it intrigued me. But then there's this mellow part @2:32 that didn't seem to go anywhere and I lost interest by then. @3:22 Guitar comes in sounds like its building up coming back from the dead to wake me up. Damn dude this is a long song. The attention span for me is max 6 min's This needs a bit of work. I would cut it down to 4 mins atleast. Damn going to have to listen to it again to grasp the full depth of this crit. I'll come back to it if you want me to xD

Crit 4 Crit!

Please check out my thread and leave me some feedback on my demos

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1528750

Thnx!
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Heh, original length was 18:46 - I love long lengthy songs that feel like they last forever, so its a kind of specific crowd it appeals to. The mellow part at 02:32 always felt good to me, sudden, never repeats. Also, the lack of repetition bothers some, the only repeating riffs are almost 10 minutes apart, but thats just how I wanted it.

I appreciate your feedback, I really do, the intro is supposed to be....awkward? I guess, hard to describe, i wanted a atonal chaos I guess. Most of my songs are in the 10-15 minute range, at least half of them, the others ones are 7-9 minutes so Its just how I write. The leftover material has already fed into another song about 15 minutes long lol

But what did you think of how the guitars sat? I wanted a nice heavy pop when they came in and a full sound, drums, stuff like that. If you hate the song thats cool, I know its a bit off, more interested in your thoughts on the mix.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.