I'm starting to play in a deathcore band and i wanted to know which brand of strings and gauge are the best for the genre !! btw i have a 6-string.. any other tips are welcome!
I have the same question. Except I play ponycore.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Deathcore is usually Drop A or around there, so use a 7 string set and don't use the high e?
Guitars
Sterling by MusicMan JP100D
Ibanez STM1
Epiphone 1967 Flying V (Ltd Edition)
Schecter Omen-8 (2012)
Amps
Randall Diavlo/RD100
Harley Benton 2x12 (V30s)
Marshall JCM2000/DSL401
Links
Soundcloud
Facebook
YouTube 1
YouTube 2
It really just depends on what you tune too...It's all based on preference. generally, I'd say if youre tuning lower than D standard don't use anything lighter than a ten. as for brands, again its really subjective...when you hammer on distortion string brands won't alter your tone very much. I play death metal and I've used D'addario since i started playing...Ernie ball strings are pretty popular too.
My guitars are all fitted with Ernie Ball Power Slinkies (11's) I jump anywhere from standard to Drop B and they hold up pretty fine, but they start to get kind of loose around Drop C but i like that looseness, it's personal preference but you need thick gauges if you want it tight when your tuned around B or A, try out different string companies too, while i like EB's, some others like Rotosound
Guitars
Sterling by MusicMan JP100D
Ibanez STM1
Epiphone 1967 Flying V (Ltd Edition)
Schecter Omen-8 (2012)
Amps
Randall Diavlo/RD100
Harley Benton 2x12 (V30s)
Marshall JCM2000/DSL401
Links
Soundcloud
Facebook
YouTube 1
YouTube 2
reason i'm doing this annoying string thread is because i live in another country and i want to buy and have some strings shipped over , since all they have here are national brand and they are not so good for anything really.. so i dont want have to buy strings at random across the continent and receive a box of floss.. so i really want the best advice
I play hardcore and styles just as heavy as deathcore without the death... lol

i use 52-12 or 11 for drop Bb and i favor DR strings. i used to use ernie balls but the kept breaking on me so i switched to DR's and never looked back. they stay in tune and in the past year only 1 has broken on me.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
You're gonna want around a 12-60 set.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.