Ok, I have a unique problem when it comes to discovering new music. I get discouraged because I think, "there's just somuch, I'll never be able to listen to it all." and I just bring myself down and end up not even trying to find anything new. How do I get over this?

Is there a certain group of bands or genres I should listen to to broaden my horizons gradually? I really want to discover new music but there is just so much and it's hard to really find what I'm gonna like. :/

Thank you
Slappa tha bass
isn't that the great part? always something new
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Just keep listening. Maybe focus a day for listening to one genre to find something new. One day, listen to a bunch of jazz, one day look for metal, another for weird obscure bands. Or listen to a ****ton of Frank Zappa. There's so much it'll take a while to get bored.
Protest the hero, Rush, Sublime, Childish Gambino, iLLscarlett, Lamb of God, Metric, Parkway Drive, Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down.

I'm not sure what you're interested in so theres a pretty broad range, but everything listen above is very good
just give me a fender and let me rip
I had a hard time finding new bands I liked for awhile, but I definitely recommend Pandora for this. Selecting a starting off point makes it much more likely youll find songs by other artists you really enjoy, and therefore dont waste your time listening to crap music just because other people enjoy them. Your music taste is unique, and Pandora can help you find stuff you like.