Quote by ovechkin39
it is okay to leave feedback, i promise

Thank god dude, I was kind of scared :S
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Writing the word djent above a section doesn't make it djent.
There were some very impressive moments in amongst fairly average songs.
East Flanders and Ocelots stood out as the two best songs to me, some very good riffs in there. Funnily enough the two most djent songs there and I don't think I even read the word djent once on those.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Last edited by frankibo at Mar 28, 2012,
The songs has some great ideas. One of my favorite was the Ocelots...
Just want to tell you that, it is not necessary to write "here comes the atmosphere" I mean, I understand it. You wrote it, you know what you mean but as a listener I want to listen it without "instructions" sort of speak. Though I'd like to add that no one will ever understand the writter of a piece.

Still, Great work with those tabs they are good! Some parts sounded to me like Daath or something like that

P.D: Oh and no, it isn't djent.
I think you did a pretty good job here. The songs flow very well and are kind of catchy at times. However, I think a lot of the songs lack dynamics. The first track is pretty static for the most part, not counting the intro and the bridge.
I'm going to get a lot of hate right now but I think they were all kinda generic and pretty boring. I've heard it all before kinda thing.. :/
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
I'm going to get a lot of hate right now but I think they were all kinda generic and pretty boring. I've heard it all before kinda thing.. :/

I thought the same in a lot of places but I thought there were enough genuinely inventive and interesting moments to carry the pieces.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Reviewing as I listen:
Most People Were Silent:
-Awesome chorus and clean build up to the last song. I didn't really like the main riff and the chugging parts were pretty dull, but the chorus at the end came in perfectly. The chugging underneath the outro worked better than the other chugging sections, I feel like.

Ocelots:
-The name is glorious. The riffs are alright, but they're nothing outstanding until the clean section (you've handled those really well, I've noticed). The percussion especially holds the section together perfectly and guides it to the big sound it needs. I don't really like the upbeat harmony section you threw in there, but the majority of this song really worked nicely.

Buried Alive:
-Good clean intro. I feel like this could be a good track, but the GuitarPro arrangement blows. Recorded, this track will be really solid, but as it is now, it's not holding up as well as the last couple tracks.
-Solo was really solid, as was the lead up to that point with the breakdown rhythm.

Sean's New Pair of Shoes:
-I like the djenty riff and the verse 2 riff a lot. Holy ****, dat bridge. So goddamn ethnic... very tasty.
-The solo and the heavy riff after were nicely done and had a ton of atmosphere. Outro kicked major ass.

Waking Devin:
-That intro breakdown was heavy as hell. I like the bass drop after "Riff Monster"
-Not a whole lot else to say; the rest of the track felt a little generic to me.

Nebula type bullshit name:
-The intro is good and atmospheric, but that kick drum on its own is really dull to listen to. Cut it out entirely or make it only four strokes before the guitar line comes in.
-Verse 1 is a good combination of groove and that fading guitar line.
-coming into the Hardcore section, you handled the drums really well.
-The rest of the song was alright, but I felt like it didn't live up to the punch that the intro promised.

east of Flanders
-Good intro. I like it a lot. The rhythm had a really nice groove to it.
-Verse riff at 74 had a great drum groove going with that guitar line, though I feel like adding the china in there hurt the sound more than anything.
-Building into that outro riff was excellent. Great way to close off the album. I approve 100%.

Overall, it's good stuff, but your choruses all tend to follow the same kind of pattern and there were places where you could do with some time editing and cutting overly drawn out parts to their vital components.
Quote by kylendm

^This^

There was the occasional interesting riff here and there, but then the rest of the song would be quite dull and generic. Like, for example in 'East Flanders' the main riff that is repeated a hundred times is really cool, but then every verse after the first verse seemed like a really lazy and boring idea.

It's like, you've got some really good ideas mixed in with a load of uninteresting stuff for the sake of just having a good number of songs. Try to flesh out one of the more interesting riffs/sections you've come up with so you can have one consistently great song.