Real quick thread, possible trade I could do.

Here's the listing for what I would try to get:
http://nh.craigslist.org/msg/2923648218.html

It's a Jeff Loomis Schecter 7, I know the specs of it. Ash body, 26.5" scale,set neck, EMG 81/707 in this particular one.

Well, I have an Agile Interceptor Pro 727, which has an FR trem. Exactly what the guy wants.

Now these guitars have comparable price ranges and comparable specs.. I'm wondering what to do here. I'm almost sure I would personally rather a hardtail, as I'm big on changing tunings..

Just looking for advice from UG on which guitar is actually better suited for me. Or rather, if I should jump on this and shoot the guy an email and see if he'll take the trade. Never owned an ash body guitar before. Pickups aren't too different. Slightly different scale length.

How are the necks on the Loomis 7? Never touched one myself.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Mar 26, 2012,
I've tried a Loomis 7 before. It's ok. I mean I'm not a huge Nevermore fan, but it is a nice guitar. I would say go for the trade.
Just block off your trem the Agile is a cooler guitar broo. I wish I had one. My trem's blocked off and with the locks it stays in tune for ever and just a quick unlocking of the nut blocks and a re tune is really nice. Fine tuners are sweet too! Sense the Agile is baratone it' more heavy ain't it?
Quote by H, Omitted
I've tried a Loomis 7 before. It's ok. I mean I'm not a huge Nevermore fan, but it is a nice guitar. I would say go for the trade.

My biggest concern is with the neck. The scale length and all should feel fine to me, as I own a 25.5" seven and a 27" seven.

I've been looking up reviews, there seems to be no general consensus. Some say it's average Schecter thickness, others say it's thinner than your average Schecter.. DA FUQ.

Dunno what to believe. Might shoot him an email saying I'd trade if I can check it out first.

Quote by uncle_sprinter
Just block off your trem the Agile is a cooler guitar broo. I wish I had one. My trem's blocked off and with the locks it stays in tune for ever and just a quick unlocking of the nut blocks and a re tune is really nice. Fine tuners are sweet too! Sense the Agile is baratone it' more heavy ain't it?

Without access to material to do that it's somewhat difficult haha. I tried once before, failed so bad. Of course I really do like the Agile, I'm just asking UG if the Loomis would possibly be a better option overall.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Mar 27, 2012,
Quote by TheAbsentOne
My biggest concern is with the neck. The scale length and all should feel fine to me, as I own a 25.5" seven and a 27" seven.

I've been looking up reviews, there seems to be no general consensus. Some say it's average Schecter thickness, others say it's thinner than your average Schecter.. DA FUQ.

Dunno what to believe. Might shoot him an email saying I'd trade if I can check it out first.
The neck's a bit thinner than the Blackjack 7 or Hellraiser 7 but more substantial than the typical Ibanez neck.

What's more noticeable is the weight. Unlike most Ash bodies, the JL7 is heavy.

Quote by Ippon
The neck's a bit thinner than the Blackjack 7 or Hellraiser 7 but more substantial than the typical Ibanez neck.

What's more noticeable is the weight. Unlike most Ash bodies, the JL7 is heavy.

Thank you! Exactly what I wanted to know. SO I believe it would be safe to say the neck is similar to the Agile. The Agile isn't as thick as my Schecter C-1 Elite's neck was, but it definitely isn't as thin as my Ibanez RGA7's neck is. So the Loomis may be around the same thickness, which would be fantastic.

In terms of weight, it probably still won't be near my Agile. Thing is a heavy beast.. All mahogany, 27" scale..
I apologize for the bump, but I got an email back from the guy.

He says he's definitely down for the trade, if he can switch his 81-7 over to my Agile, and then I'd have the 707's like a stock Loomis would. I'm totally cool with that, just one question.

With EMG's it's as simple as unplugging and plugging back in right? I don't want a hassle with this.
Go for the trade. Schecters and Agiles are both awesome but he gets a FR and you get a hard tail. He wants a FR and you want a hard tail. You both win.
yep the emgs are just plug and unplug. and as far as weights go, every ash guitar ive picked up has had some weight to it, so dont expect the loomis to feel like a childs classical.

also, the loomis doesnt have a tone knob. dont know if thats important to you but i just wanted to point it out. lastly, i trust schecters quality just slightly more than agiles but both are good. personally id go for the loomis

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab