I need a fuzz able to cover a big palette of useful sounds, both rhythm and lead playing. I like kind of QOTSA, Dinosaur Jr, Eagles of Death Metal sound but with more options too. I was checking the Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi, then I found the Blackout Effectors Twosome Dual Fuzz, the Joyo Ultimate Octave (where octave is an option), etc...

So many fuzzes around. Any recommendation? Am I going the right path? Want both vintage and modern sounding and will use it on clean and overdriven settings.

The thing is I'm not able to try any since there are no good fuzzes around my area, just regular Big Muffs that I actually like but they are somewhat limited.

Lot's of sustain plz! My amp has awesome sustain but IDK if a low sustain pedal will fade it out.

Budget: $300 USD
Main genre: Alternative but looking for something that covers more terrain since I like to fusion different genres.
Used or new.
Gear: Fender HW1 Strat, LTD Viper-500, Mesa RA100 & Laney LC15R.

Clones are ok as long as they are well made.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Mar 27, 2012,
From my own research on a fuzz, the most versatile I've come across is the Blackout Effectors Musket. I'd at least give it a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpOQ71m2if8
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
IF your budget is $300, look at the ACTUAL Ultimate Octave pedal from Fulltone. Far superior. The Musket Fuzz is also a good option.
What about the Zvex Fuzz Factory, looks badass with it's gate and oscillation possibilities.

BTW, just saw the Musket Video, sounds really good!

Edit: check the Twosome, sounds very musical and it has the musket integrated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrSaz_i7fE8&feature=related

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Mar 27, 2012,
The Fuzz Factory is cool, but maybe not exactly what you're looking for. It mostly ranges from bright and trashy to soft and squishy.
I've got a Twosome Fuzz on the way. I hope.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
I've got a Twosome Fuzz on the way. I hope.

It really looks bad ass!!!!! You are so lucky!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Fuzzes are usually pretty specific, aka you might need more than one for multiple sounds. But I find the Swollen Pickle to be pretty versatile!
Twosome, Fix'd Fuzz and Musket are definitely good choices. Fulltone Ultimate Octave will do QOTSA and the Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander is also cool. Malekko makes some neat fuzzes too.
Quote by poppameth
Let us know what you think of it. I've been looking at the Twosome as well.

Yes, please!.

The Bit Commander sounds AWESOME!!!! So difficult to choose .

I'm stucked between the Bit Commander and the Twosome with the VST mod. Two different beasts but versatile enough and full of great sounds, perfect for the stuff I like to squeeze. BTW, watching the Pro Guitar Shop's video of the Bit Commander I discovered the Disaster Transport Jr, a PERFECT delay for my needs. I still have my Carbon Copy and I love it though.

Too many great pedals around and no cash .

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by poppameth
Let us know what you think of it. I've been looking at the Twosome as well.

MKay, but I'm getting the VST modded one, which is quite different from the stock Twosome.

The Crystal Dagger is another interesting fuzz given how the ring modulator does to the tone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
This site has a nice Big Muff buyers guide...
http://www.gilmourish.com/?p=3389

But if I could have any any fuzz on planet earth, this would be it:
http://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_lunar_module_mini_deluxe.htm

But I'm not good with wait...

That's why Matt is going to sell me his some day.
Cool info! Thanks!

Edit: By the way, I found this http://proguitarshop.com/fuzzhugger-algal-bloom.html
Maybe not hugely versatile but sounds really good and has some great note definition and huge sustain.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Mar 28, 2012,
Seymor Duncan Tweak Fuzz. I love the 6 way switch and it really does cover quite a wide range.
-Jake Blackwood
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Didn't like the Tweak Fuzz, the Fire Red Fuzz sounded good to me but I need more tweaking options though.

I'm still stucked between the Twosome and the Bit Commander. Money will decide I guess, If I get enough money I'll get the Twosome, if not I'll buy the Bit Commander. I can buy the other one in another occasion.

Still waiting for your review ragingkitty. Let us know please.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I have the Tweak Fuzz and find it to be thin sounding. However if I feed it a mix of some sub-octave it gets wicked fat and gnarly.
I already have an Ottava Magus for that , it sounds delicious! But I need MORE sounds.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I've just taken delivery of the Musket Fuzz and it sounds fantastic - I wanted a fuzz to layer with the Suhr Riot but in fact it sounds better than the distortion pedal and I can see myself using the fuzz way more than I was intending. It sounds 'wider' than the Suhr as well.

It's got the heaviness of the Big Muff but it's just more of a compressed/ refined sound which you can change up pretty significantly because of all the controls.

I would thoroughly recommend it, it's very good indeed.
^ Thanks for your info dude! Great pedal for sure.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I have the twosome, i am no expert with fuzzes, but i think there is hardly any fuzz sound you can't recreate authentically. and there are a lot of user great usable sounds. worth every penny.
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"
^ I'll do almost the same. I'll get the Twosome as my main Fuzz, and I'll use the Bit Commander and my Ottava Magus for spice and extra psychodelia. I know some people say fuzz it's not good for metal, except doom metal, I want to prove the opposite !

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
^ awesome!

Mesa Royal Atlantic