Can anyone recomend me some good psychedelic indie bands? Preferably not synth driven
the flaming lips - the soft bulletin
woods - sun and shade
kurt vile - smoke ring for my halo (psych folk)
MV & EE - Barn Nova
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion
The Olivia Tremor Control - Music from the Unrealized Film Script, Dusk at Cubist Castle
Pterodactyl - Spills Out
The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Animal Collective's early material (Here Comes the Indian in particular)
The Resident's Eskimo
The Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage: Animation Music Volume 1
Gang Gang Dance's God's Money or Saint Dymphna (I'd say Eye Contact is their best, but it's really really synth driven and you said you didn't want that)
Deerhunter's Cryptograms
Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Apr 5, 2012,
What are your guy's favorite Psychedelic bands, synths or not? (Sorry to steal thunder of topic starter)
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives."
-C.D. Payne, Youth in Revolt

My Tumblr. I always follow back.
Haha no problem, and thanks for all the replies. I dont mind synths, it just feels that most psychedelic indie bands mainly use synths and I'm looking for stuff to learn on guitar. My favourite Psych bands would be Beatles, Pink Floyd (Piper at the gates of dawn), VELVET UNDERGROUND, jimi hendrix experience, the doors, etc
BLACK MOTH SUPER RAINBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yah. Deerhunter, but then like, Atlas Sound.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by TheReverend724
I found out recently that the dude from BMSR is the same guy in School of Seven Bells

No, what? Tobacco? I'm going to have to start liking School of Seven Bells...
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
"I Think It Is Beautiful That You Are 256 Colors Too" is definitely up there.
Quote by Hereiwas
No, what? Tobacco? I'm going to have to start liking School of Seven Bells...

It's not hard, they're great

and anyone who isn't watching the tUnE-yArDs stream should be ashamed
Portugal. The Man, The Black Angels, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Circulatory System, Morning Teleportation, and Warpaint all deserve to be mentioned and haven't yet
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by crazy8rgood

Deerhunter's Cryptograms

I remember a certain female friend trying to get me into this album a few years ago. Didn't really dig it. Checked it out last night after reading your post and dug it. Gonna give it another listen right now, and likely going to be thanking you for getting me to revisit something that I overlooked.

^ yeah?
I mean the psychedelic pop troupe, not the organ system that passes nutrients (such as amino acids, electrolytes and lymph), gases, hormones, blood cells, etc. to and from cells in the body to help fight diseases, stabilize body temperature and pH, and to maintain homeostasis.
Quote by due 07
not the organ system that passes nutrients (such as amino acids, electrolytes and lymph), gases, hormones, blood cells, etc. to and from cells in the body to help fight diseases, stabilize body temperature and pH, and to maintain homeostasis.

drat!
Quote by due 07
I mean the psychedelic pop troupe, not the organ system that passes nutrients (such as amino acids, electrolytes and lymph), gases, hormones, blood cells, etc. to and from cells in the body to help fight diseases, stabilize body temperature and pH, and to maintain homeostasis.

Oh...that's what I meant when I put it
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by blaksabath
Grouplove is good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRvbF4BzgqA&ob=av2e
I love these guys. And plus I think the guitarist is related to one of the members of YES but I'm not sure

Portugal.The man
^^^They are awesome. Not synth driven and psychedelic. Check out a song called "people say" which is on their album the satanic satanist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGDQOECShw8

Their drummer's Dad was in YES I think.
I guess of montreal should be on this list, despite the necrobumping. apparently people might search for it again.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Spacemen 3 are worth a listen for some lo-fi spaced out Indie. Also you should check out the Verve album "A Northern Soul". Nothing like Bittersweet sympony etc - really awesome space rock album (check out Life is and Ocean - great tune!)...Primal Scream's Screamadelica is also a pretty cool indie/dance/psych record. Yep, I'm into 80's/90s British bands