hey guys, i recently got a emgx 81 and 60. they sound good but i think something is wrong with my 60x, it doesnt sound as clean as it should.i hear videos online of the regular 60 and it sounds pretty warm and clean, but my 60x always seems to have some fuzz on it even with the vol rolled way back. any ideas?
Stupid question first; Can you tweak the amp to compensate? Roll back the gain, up the volume? Or another thing I used to do for clean was pretend that 12o'clock on my amp's Bass, Mid, and Treble knobs was the max and dialed in my tone from there. This one is for the techies out there.............. I bet he has 500k pots, could he switch to 250k and reduce the gain that way?
Quote by dimarzio77
Stupid question first; Can you tweak the amp to compensate? Roll back the gain, up the volume? Or another thing I used to do for clean was pretend that 12o'clock on my amp's Bass, Mid, and Treble knobs was the max and dialed in my tone from there. This one is for the techies out there.............. I bet he has 500k pots, could he switch to 250k and reduce the gain that way?

If he has active EMG's, he's using 25k pots - and they don't need to be swapped.

Try running the EMG's in 18v mode for more head-room. You'll need to make a harness with two 9v clips - and you'll have to have room in you guitar for a second battery.

Last edited by 667 at Mar 27, 2012,
i dont have anymore room in my controll cav, its maxed out as it it. as my dad says. theres 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag for my controll cavity
He already has the X's... Doing the 18v mod on them would be really dumb.

TS: Is the 81 working properly?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It's totally quick connect, right? Make sure everything is plugged in securely. Make sure the battery is connected right. You shouldn't be getting any sort of "fuzz".
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
And your amp is?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Is it still there if you lower volume with the volume knob on your guitar?

edit: ah, apparanetly so if I read your original post correctly. Try adjusting pickup height, probably lowering it a bit.
ooooooooooooooooo i didnt even think of that! it is pretty close to the strings. does that affect it alot?