I've been doing a lot of ear training lately. Or more just working songs out by ear, actually. I started on intervals maybe a year ago. They got boring but did help. But now I can work out how to play a lot of things by ear. I'm surprised at how quickly I've got better at it to be honest. I was expecting it to be a lot slower. But I can hear things and know what they're doing without picking up my guitar and I'm usually right.

However, I want to be able to recognise common chord progressions like this. Just to be able to hear them and know what kind of progression it is. Not necessarily the chord names, just the intervals between the chords.

The only ones I can do at the moment is a 12 bar blues, cuz that's just easy as hell and a I, VII, VI, VII. I believe that's what it's called. All Along The Watchtower, end of Stairway to Heaven etc... Also I can do whatever this is (also the same as Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFIVPRWT-t0&feature=fvst

Are there any sites that can play a chord progression, then you have to figure out what it is?
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Mar 27, 2012,