Hey guys, i need some help.
The strings on my LTD are too tight, even though they're EB Super Slinkies (pink 9-42 gague), I'm in D standard, and I've only got two springs in the cavity. WHAT?

The strings used to be much looser but i think have gradually tightened over the few years I've had this guitar, (so it's not scale length or anything like that).
The neck doesn't have much relief (it's pretty straight or might even be back-bowed), so could it be a truss thing?
Additionally I've noticed the bass side post is very slightly slanting towards the neck, could that or slightly unbalanced action (bass and treble sides) on the bridge be the problem?

Really hope someone can help, Thank you.
Last edited by aidanobrien at Mar 27, 2012,
Quote by aidanobrien
The strings used to be much looser but i think have gradually tightened over the few years I've had this guitar,

You've had the same strings for 2 years?!?!
Strings naturally lose their flex over time, if you've had the same string for two years that would explain it!
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
They're not tight, they're just completely knackered. They probably feel "tight" because they're caked in several years worth of rust, grease and dead skin cells.

Get new strings
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hahahaha! I Didn't mean they were the same set of strings! I change them pretty often. I just meant that that the tension has gradually built up.
Can't believe you all drew that conclusion... sorry.
Quote by aidanobrien
could it need new springs? looser ones?

honestly if you are changing strings regularly and aren't able to play .009"s and two trem strings, maybe you should focus on gaining strength.

i use .11's in Estd, as well as a ton of people on here, some go to 12's and higher. yet again a few people use 8's.

you gotta do what works for you.

i would recommend strengthening your hand.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/