Just out if curiousity, I've been looking in to how much it would cost me to take a step in to the extended range guitar zone. Having done some looking around, I've come across a couple that interest me, but I'd like to know what someone experienced with seven strings thinks. Here are the two I was looking at:

http://www.rondomusic.com/septorpro727mnbk.html
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_omen_7_extreme_bch.htm

Oh. And before I forget, genres are Metal, obviously, and my budget is around the £300/£400 mark.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Last edited by Glimsom at Mar 27, 2012,
It does, and I'm a sucker for maple necks. I'm really tempted by it. It'd be even better if I didn't have to add on shipping and a mandatory case, which puts it up to $689/£433. The Schecter is a little cheaper, plus there's a speaker cabinet on the same website I was thinking of picking up anyway.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
I wouldn't trust the schecter (not the brand in general, just that one) - I think it's a bit too cheap. The omen series isn't particularly great in my experience. The Agile would be cool but from what I've heard they're not really value for money in the UK since you have to add on those extra costs (as you said). If you're set on it then go for it - the pro series should be pretty good although the Cepheus pickups are notorious for being sub-par and because of their weird shape you can only easily swap them out for the wide EMGs or SD Blackouts.

Biggest tip would be to check out the used market near you, or eBay or whatever. Things pop up all the time that should probably get you better value for money. If you like Ibanez keep an eye out for any of RG7420/7620/1527 or even other Agiles if any pop up nearby.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀