Hey all,

I have a Boss ME-70 going into a Marshall mg250 DFX and i can't seem to get a good sound coming from it. I was just wondering what settings approximately should i have on the amp compared to the boss ME-70.

The clean channel on the Marshall includes Gain, Bass, Middle and Treble. I`m just not sure where it should be because there is a preamp on the Boss which has the same knobs to fool with so if anyone has had experience getting a good sound from it, let me know some good settings. I appreciate any heavy or clean tone that sounds pleasing. Thanks.
You're probably never going to get a good sound with an MG. They're generally horrible amps.

Besides, without you telling us what settings you have on the Boss ME-70, there's no way of saying what will sound good. Take this example: on a decent amp, you could have it on a clean channel, and then put a nice sounding distortion from the ME-70 through it, and it would sound good. However, if you change it to the overdrive, it could sound pretty bad. See what I mean?
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
Last edited by HenryB at Mar 27, 2012,
what kinda sound are you going for?
Guitars :
Ibanez RG350mz
Yamaha SE 300H
Amps :
Orange Crush 30
Pedals :
Boss ME70
Quote by HenryB
You're probably never going to get a good sound with an MG. They're generally horrible amps.

This, I would find the best clean setting you can on that amp then run everything through the ME-70 - they are not a bad effects unit for people who want a lot of sounds with out buying a heap of pedals.

Check these out...
http://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=ME70
Does your MG have an FX loop? You can probably get a decent sound by bypassing the preamp in the MG and using the preamp in your ME. (Either plugging into the send or return, not sure which).

When you use 2 preamps, it can be hard to get a good sound, which is what you're doing right now (your ME70 preamp into the MG preamp).

So yeah, either disable the preamp on the ME, or bypass the preamp no your MG.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Does your MG have an FX loop? You can probably get a decent sound by bypassing the preamp in the MG and using the preamp in your ME. (Either plugging into the send or return, not sure which).
+1... completely bypass the MG preamp and use the ME-70 as the preamp.