This is my first time making a NGD thread, so go easy on me. I've just recieved this guitar from UPS today after buying it off of eBay a week ago, and it feels great.

As you can see, it's a Kramer Focus 3000, and fromw what I can gather from the headstock design, this particular guitar is from the early 80s. IF anyone can check that for me, the only thing I can find resembling a serial number on the neck plate which reads: 15765.

Some specs about the guitar:
- Maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard
- I assume it has an alder body
- HSS pup configuration
- 5-way pickup selector w/ coil tap selector
- 1 volume, 2 tone
- Floyd Rose w/ locking nut

It has a few dings here and there, as the seller said. Also, it may look like a well shaded blue, but in person, it's has more of a green tint to it like a teal oraqua color to it. Plugged in, it sounds great for a stock pup guitar for what I've found to be called by some people, a "student" guitar. It has great feel and tone, leaving me impressed The only disappointing thing is that from the seller's pics, I though it was floating trem, but alas, its a fixed (if that's the appropriate term).

Have a nice day, guys.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at Mar 27, 2012,
It's definitely a floating trem. Probably just has too many springs in it. (Or it could have been blocked)
Take the back cover off and see if it has been blocked.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
I like that. Much more mojo than a new RG
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Dat OFR, happy NGD

Why exactly did they change the arm sockets from the original to the newer collared ones?
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Sweet,same color as my Focus. The Focus series are some pretty amazing guitars.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
nice kramer, i used to have the focus 6000, pastel blue, hss set up with those 3 little toggle switches. my floyd sat up on top of the body the same as your`s does. it worked fine. i wish i still had that guitar, ivr never seen another one since.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I've always wanted a Kramer. Focuses are damn good guitars for the money, judging from the couple I've played.
enjoy but it's not from the early 80s. mid 80s at best and most probably late 80s. for those who don't know when floyds first came out they weren't recessed. that idea came in the later part of the 80s when guys like steve vai had there guitars modded to do that. it caught on and guitar makers started to make that feature.
Quote by monwobobbo
enjoy but it's not from the early 80s. mid 80s at best and most probably late 80s. for those who don't know when floyds first came out they weren't recessed. that idea came in the later part of the 80s when guys like steve vai had there guitars modded to do that. it caught on and guitar makers started to make that feature.

most probably 1983 Beak. 84 they went to the banana headstock and 86 brought out the pointies.

So early 80's not even in the vicinity of a late 80's Kramer.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Quote by Air_Vengeance
most probably 1983 Beak. 84 they went to the banana headstock and 86 brought out the pointies.

So early 80's not even in the vicinity of a late 80's Kramer.

my bad, i thought that the Focus series came out after 83 and forgot about the headstock change.