http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zKipZjrkohA#!

Apparently wolves (and dogs) have perfect pitch and are able to recognize notes, in the video a woman teaches her 2 golden retrievers to play a tune by ear, and they do it quite well without making mistakes.

Much better than many human musicians I've seen.
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Damn. That's pretty impressive.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Clever Hans Effect!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
So funny and cute! Even though some of the comments do point out flaws with what they're claiming.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Maybe the dog could play better if they established the keyboard vertically rather than horizontally, as the dog spent most of its time moving side to side rather than playing.

Its memory of where notes are though, that's still quite impressive.
Quote by Aralingh
So do people.

But having a dog do it is far more amusing for people.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
It doesn't really prove that they're recognizing the notes - more that they have established a name for each key on the keyboard and can press it on command. If the woman sang the notes and then had the dog find them on the keyboard, that'd be proving something.

edit - i should probably watch more than the first quarter of the video before making a comment. That's some impressive recorder work.
Dogs can identify sounds and associate them with an action? Well this changes everything...

This is exactly what dogs do anyway - they associate specific sounds with actions. That's why commands work.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
s the dog spent most of its time moving side to side rather than playing.