Will there ever be any more guitarists added to someones list of greatest guitar players? Or do you think that all original styles and riffs have been used already by other guitar players?
I think there are technical and historical reasons to think otherwise
Personally, I don´t worry about that anyway, I´m not disturbed by the fact that I might come up with an idea that already exists and I don´t know it. I believe that if you´re honest and and come up with something that turns out to look like someone else´s work, you´ll prove innocent by doing something else
Quote by sydrock
Will there ever be any more guitarists added to someones list of greatest guitar players? Or do you think that all original styles and riffs have been used already by other guitar players?

I'm sure somebody wondered if that was the case back in the 1950's and the 1960's etc.
Yes but that was pretty much before rock and blues. And if you played rock and blues then, you were a pioneer.
Quote by sydrock
Yes but that was pretty much before rock and blues. And if you played rock and blues then, you were a pioneer.

new styles will happen and new virtuosos will rise.

also if you sit down and constantly worry about weather or not something will be totally new and unique and original, you will never get anywhere.

plus if you actually think about it there is really an infinite supply of 'newness' it is litterally impossible to ever hit the end of every possible note configuration since there is really no cap to how many instruments can be played at once and no cap to how long a piece of music can be or how fast it can be or how many tempo and time changes can happen it can go on forever. it's possible that the guitar will become 'old' but there will just be something else that comes in and replaces it. then it will come back a few years later when a new band uses one.

I guess my point is to stop worrying about originality and just play.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
no. there have been 4 chord songs since the dawn of time, good ones can still be made. obviously if you're writing music you should have a goal in mind, if you want to write music that stands out from the crowd, find a way to do it.

people have been stealing blues riffs and making new songs out of them for a century.
PRS SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender CD220CE Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 60w
Don't post duplicate threads
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com