This is pretty much the most interesting invention I've seen in a good while. It's a camera that lets you focus on different objects -- background or foreground -- by clicking the picture on a focal point. It's some sort of sorcery invented by a company called Lytro, which to my understanding uses a micro-lens array and special sensor to record all the light rays in a scene (about 11 million), along with all the data pertaining to colors, intensity and vector. This means that with a tap of it's touch screen or a click on a computer, it can sort through all the different variations of the rays and focus on anything you want --- after you've taken the picture. Seriously, I ****ing want.
And it's only $400 USD!

Lytro Website

Photo gallery to play around with

Explaining how this black magic works

This might sound like an ad or something, but God damn it's just so ****ing awesome. And think of all the applications it could have! Say you're a cop or regular citizen who witnesses a car jacking. Take a picture, but the license plate or suspect is out of focus? **** it, not anymore! Just click his figure or the back of the car!

What do you guys think? Would you buy one, now or down the road when the technology is improved for consumers?
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 27, 2012,
If it turns out you're an adbot after being here 5 years I'm going to be pissed off!
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
that sounds pretty awesome..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Watch the focus actually just be pasting a picture from their database onto the selected area. Like the license plate one, it makes everybody's focused license plate, "BR000TZ"
This is insane
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by whoomit
If it turns out you're an adbot after being here 5 years I'm going to be pissed off!

This.
STಠ_ಠ
"all 11 million light rays"

Yup, that makes perfect sense.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
"all 11 million light rays"

Yup, that makes perfect sense.
The number is in reference to how many can be processed by the technology, not the actual number of rays (which may or may not be finite, no idea).
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 27, 2012,