Ladies and Gents, the title says it all. I can't afford a decent rig, so a pedal will have to do. I've. hecked lut the Boss MT2 Metal Zone, Boss ML2 Metal Core, and the EH Metal Muff. Looking for other suggestiona. I want an analog pedal because I can't stand the sound of my multi effects pedal anymore. I play through a Randall half stack on the clean channel. Thanks for your help.
Depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. I personally would not recommend a MT2 or ML2, the Metal Muff is definitely the best out of those but there are better distortion pedals out there. But what kind of sound are you looking for?
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
What model Randall is it? RG? Chances are none of those pedals will sound any better than the onboard distortion the amp produces (except maybe the metal muff).

I'd suggest saving for a new amp. Tube heads aren't that far out of reach. Look into a used Peavey XXX or Ultra; I see them regularly around 3-$400 (and if you're lucky, $200).
The visual sound j&h worked pretty good for me on a randall rg200, id go lok qt one of those, and if you decide to upgrade to a tube amp you have a pretty decent tubescreamer already to go with it.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
What model Randall is it? RG? Chances are none of those pedals will sound any better than the onboard distortion the amp produces (except maybe the metal muff).

I'd suggest saving for a new amp. Tube heads aren't that far out of reach. Look into a used Peavey XXX or Ultra; I see them regularly around 3-$400 (and if you're lucky, $200).

It's an RX120RH. The distortion is pretty weak on it. The lowest priced XXX I've seen is $600. I haven't seem an Ultra in a while. I'd be saving for about 6 months for a tube amp. Even at that price. So I want something that sounds better then my effects pedal for the time being.
Quote by Obama FTW
Depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. I personally would not recommend a MT2 or ML2, the Metal Muff is definitely the best out of those but there are better distortion pedals out there. But what kind of sound are you looking for?

I don't know if you mean personal preference, or what kind of sound I'm trying to emulate. Personally, I want a tight saturated sound. As for bands I like, Iced Earth, Disturbed, Children of Bodom, Metallica, Mercenary. Bands like that.
Quote by Dyslexic
I don't know if you mean personal preference, or what kind of sound I'm trying to emulate. Personally, I want a tight saturated sound. As for bands I like, Iced Earth, Disturbed, Children of Bodom, Metallica, Mercenary. Bands like that.

If I were you, I'd save up a little more money. Sell your Randall and try to find a used XXX or a 6505. I dont think your Randall will give you a nice tight sound. I know the MT-2 will give you that kind of sound but honestly, out of past experience, I would not get the MT-2.

I wouldn't even bother with pedals because the Randall wont give you the sound you want.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I say it all the time, but the best "cheap" metal pedal out there is the Hardwire Metal Distortion. Check it out. Puts the current Boss stuff to shame.

That said, old MIJ Boss pedals are amazing. The HM-2 for example is legendary - probably too aggressive for what you're going for though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I say it all the time, but the best "cheap" metal pedal out there is the Hardwire Metal Distortion. Check it out. Puts the current Boss stuff to shame.

That said, old MIJ Boss pedals are amazing. The HM-2 for example is legendary - probably too aggressive for what you're going for though.

+1 to all this.

Any pedal that has metal in the name is a piece of crap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification