I play through a Zoom G2 and simply use two preset patches, one with the Mesa Boogie for drive and one with the Twin Reverb for clean. However, I'm looking to get an occasional high pitched squeal out of it, you know for just a second during a breakdown or before breaking into a chorus? Similar to when you'd want feedback.

At the moment the only method I've found is turning on the Pedal VX setting (reads as Pu in the WAH/EFX bit), set to frequency 1 and level maxed. This works quite well (although it comes out at the same volume as my regular guitar and I'd prefer it to be ear-piercingly louder, but that's not too important), but I'd rather not need a patch with it enabled, and a patch without it enabled, to switch between during songs*.

In the manual under "Using the footswitch" the 4th point reads "Select the patch in play mode and operate the footswitch. The selected function will be activated."

Does this mean I could use the footswitch to freely stomp the Pedal VX function on and off?

I'll welcome any alternative suggestions, though preferably within the limits of the G2 itself because my budget for new equipment is meagre.

*The "patch up" foot button on my pedal is broke so I can only go down. I switch from distortion to clean several times during some songs so I have the clean/distortion sounds set up alternately across about 20 patches, so I can just keep hitting patch down when I want to change. This is why adding another patch with the Pedal VX function enabled would be impractical. I'm also burdened with lead vocals/stage exploration so I need to keep my pedal work as simple as possible.

Edit: Here's what I've achieved so far: http://soundcloud.com/anname/effect (it's just a 14 second clip of a guitar part leading up to a chorus)
ANNA ME - Two piece alternative rock band from Macclesfield. We write pop songs and sing them over heavy, toneless noise.
Last edited by brayf at Mar 27, 2012,
I can't do them at all, sorry. You're talking to a guy who can't barre or even pick a simple riff, which is why I'm trying to delegate this task to my equipment :]
ANNA ME - Two piece alternative rock band from Macclesfield. We write pop songs and sing them over heavy, toneless noise.
I've not used a G2 but I presume every patch has a channel volume? Turn the channel volume down on everything else you use so the "squeal" sound is louder by comparison and turn the master volume up.