Page 1 of 5
What albums do you like that are usually frowned upon?

For me, it is U2's War, and Queen's Innuendo. I usually agree that U2 is boring, but I think War is a great album and I love listening to the whole thing through. Innuendo is just a masterpiece to me, despite the shitty reviews it gets by critics, though critics never really understood Queen. Plus, Innuendo was the first Queen album I bought, so I guess that has something to do with it. You?
In Flames's A Sense of Purpose. A lot of people give that album shit, but it's one of my most favorite albums by them.
Sail upon the open skies
The latest Killswitch album. It wasn't the best, sure, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be. I liked it.

inb4 flamed for listening to KsE
I agree with TS, though I simply adore Queen II as much as I do life itself, Innuendo is a completely misunderstood album. And to think Freddie was as sick as he was during those recordings makes it even more amazing.
Everything by the Barenaked Ladies
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by Myaccount876
What albums do you like that are usually frowned upon?

For me, it is U2's War, and Queen's Innuendo. I usually agree that U2 is boring, but I think War is a great album and I love listening to the whole thing through.

I think most of the U2 stigma is because of Bono. Boy is also a great album.

For me Limp Bizkit and Creed albums are frowned upon.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Decemberunderground
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
21 by Adele and St. Anger by Metallica. I know 21 is a popular album, but for 17 year old gentlemen who are fans of metal it's a bit of a no-no.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
Pink Floyd's The Division Bell seems to get a bad rap among a lot of Floyd fans, but I think it's by far my favorite album. I listen to it more than any of their others!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
it's hard to listen to at first because of the boring intros and shit production but if you go out of your way to get the remaster and sit down to analyze/appreciate the music, you realize it shits on the rest of their albums by mountains oh my god peace sells blowjobs cats

INB4PEOPLEHATEMEFORLIKINGMEGADETH
Quote by iup788
21 by Adele and St. Anger by Metallica. I know 21 is a popular album, but for 17 year old gentlemen who are fans of metal it's a bit of a no-no.

21 is a fantastic album, Adele has a powerful voice. You get no forgiveness for St. Anger

Falling Into Infinity by Dream Theater. That album had some really great songs (Take Away My Pain and Lines in the Sand for example) but it gets tons of hate for whatever reason.

And anyone who listens to metal but doesn't like Peace Sells is probably an idiot.
Last edited by Shotgunmerc at Mar 27, 2012,
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

Its not for liking megadeth.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
it's hard to listen to at first because of the boring intros and shit production but if you go out of your way to get the remaster and sit down to analyze/appreciate the music, you realize it shits on the rest of their albums by mountains oh my god peace sells blowjobs cats

Is Peace Sells frowned upon? I thought it was amazing.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
And anyone who listens to metal but doesn't like Peace Sells is probably an idiot.

Quote by iup788
Is Peace Sells frowned upon? I thought it was amazing.

'i cant understand what he's saying'

'how many of these songs are slow'

'rust in peace is so much better'

'its ok but it's their worst'

'shitty gay production'

'chris poland sucks'

etc.

I usually hear this kinda stuff when I bring up Peace Sells
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
Its not for liking megadeth.

metal sucks
Quote by TremontiAddict
Creed - Human Clay

I'm winning the thread so far. lol

My mom has that album and plays it all the time. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either.
Quote by TremontiAddict
Creed - Human Clay

I'm winning the thread so far. lol

I mentioned Creed and Limp Bizkit earlier. I win
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
'i cant understand what he's saying'

'how many of these songs are slow'

'rust in peace is so much better'

'its ok but it's their worst'

'shitty gay production'

'chris poland sucks'

etc.

These people are denying the existence of Risk. It's the only logical explanation
I don't normally give a shit what people think of my taste in music, but as far as bands I like that most people hate, Limp Bizkit.

Although honestly, now that I've got Black Light Burns for Wes's playing, I don't really love them as much as I did before.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Switchfoot's "Oh! Gravity." I love every second of that album, and other fans say it's their worst. It's the one they seem to have had the most fun with, though, and I can appreciate that.

EDIT: Also, I looove The Postal Service.
Last edited by TextOnTheScreen at Mar 27, 2012,
In the Court of the Crimson King.

geddit?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
These people are denying the existence of Risk. It's the only logical explanation

True, Risk was Megadeth's worst album, but there are still some good songs on it.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Switchfoot's "Oh! Gravity." I love every second of that album, and other fans say it's their worst. It's the one they seem to have had the most fun with, though, and I can appreciate that.

I guess I don't pay much enough attention to Switchfoot's fanbase, but really? People didn't like it?

It's definitely one of my fav albums of theirs.
Quote by Jon777
I guess I don't pay much enough attention to Switchfoot's fanbase, but really? People didn't like it?

It's definitely one of my fav albums of theirs.

Yeah, I didn't even check them out until I heard about how much their fanbase hated that album, and I wanted to know why. So I listened to it, and it's been in like my top twenty favorite albums of all time since then. I still don't know why they didn't like it.
Quote by rickyj

+1

A lot of my friends give me shit for it, but when I want to listen to some happy songs, this is usually on my playlist.
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
In the Court of the Crimson King.

geddit?

I don't get it but that was an amazing album.
OT: I really liked colors from Between the buried and me. I have seen a lot of hate towards it on here
Quote by Musicforyou17
OT: I really liked colors from Between the buried and me. I have seen a lot of hate towards it on here

I'd still say the majority give Colors a thumbs up, myself included.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Musicforyou17

Man a few years ago that album was e-fellated by EVERYBODY on UG
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I predict a thread will be posted soon titled "Albums you don't like that are usually praised." It always happens...
Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave and a few songs from Under The Cork Tree

They're pretty good albums. If they would have stayed with that sound instead of turning into a shitty pop band, I would have a lot more respect for them.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by Musicforyou17

I don't feel like it's a lot of hate towards that album in particular but the band in general.

But that's because there is (was) a huge amount of fanboyism and praise for BTBAM and as a result a lot of people who just didn't think they were that interesting
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX

UG just follows fads. People on UG are always saying how much Metallica sucks even though they're forgetting that Metallica actually has some EXCELLENT albums, everyone here used to be in love with everything Megadeth until Dave Mustaine started saying crazy shit, and if you say anything bad about Dave Grohl...may God have mercy on you.
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX

Well, you know........
Page 1 of 5