This is a 7421 I modded heavily and...

For those who hate text, here's a video review I did to save you some time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro8iP53TNjo

For those that don't...

Here's what changed since last May:

- Super sparkely purple finish instead of boring black

- White Dimarzio Liquifire in the neck

- White DiMarzio Crunchlab in the bridge

- White knobs, purposely flaked to make them look kind of like they have bits of purple in them so they look like they sort of match the body

- White switchtip

- Installed Planet Waves Autotrim tuners

- Faux binding using pinstripe tape (screwed up a bit...)

And...for the curious here's what it looked like before I got my hands on it:

This was the planned mockup:

I really love this guitar, I got it originally for $200, then added the auto-trim tuners, and CL/LF combo. The pups were like $200 and the tuners around $70.

This thing sounds MUCH better than my $1100 loomis! It has a ****ton of growl whereas the loomis sounds thin.

In my opinion you will not get more bang for buck with any other guitar when it comes to 7 strings. These are high quality, they're made in Japan, come with Gotoh tuners, and the bridge is solid too. Highly recommended.
Looks awesome!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
no clips? other than that it looks pretty nice now. I liked the white pickups, tuners and binding, really makes it pop.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Very nice dude.

I like how you painted it black and swapped the pickups for plain black ones. Looks much sleeker. And the stickers really add a nice touch of uniqueness.

I approve.

. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
^ Well played :p

Thanks guys, I have to adjust the pickup height though, the CL is wayyy too close to the strings. -_-
Quote by VVolverin3
Very nice dude.

I like how you painted it black and swapped the pickups for plain black ones. Looks much sleeker. And the stickers really add a nice touch of uniqueness.

I approve.

lawled at this, ahahah

HNGD!
Well, uncle Ford used to say "give 'em any color they want, as long as it's black!" It sure works for Ibanez, no reason why it wouldn't work for OP.
I usually hate Ibanez superstrat-shaped guitars, but that finish, binding and pickup combination is actually really sweet looking! You did a hell of a job on that!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
how are those pickups? i was gonna put some in my ibanez
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
I love simple black with white binding, though I do not love black with a rosewood board. And I lost count of the strings.
Quote by Spud Spudly
I love simple black with white binding, though I do not love black with a rosewood board. And I lost count of the strings.

I agree with you, I would much rather an ebony board but an MIJ guitar with good fretwork and build quality for $200 dollars doesn't exactly lend itself to that expectation. It's purple not black btw!

Quote by IronMaiden76
how are those pickups? i was gonna put some in my ibanez

I'm loving them, the liquifire might be too bass heavy for me though, even though I typically go for a necrophagist/petrucci type of lead tone.

The crunchlab though is ****ing awesome! It's a lot hotter than I expected, I have the gain considerably lower than I do on my loomis with EMG's. But it's not nearly as stale and cold, its really growly and has a nice (SURPRISE) crunch to it. It's perfect for progressive metal all the way to death metal. I wouldn't use it for rock though as it's a tad hot for that but I'm sure if you lowered it a bit more it would be fine

Quote by barden1069
I usually hate Ibanez superstrat-shaped guitars, but that finish, binding and pickup combination is actually really sweet looking! You did a hell of a job on that!

Thanks man!
Looks nice man, just popped the cl/lf set in my 470 today, lovin it so far. Although I still prefer my Bkp am bridge, the liquifire is awesome for creamy leads and sweet cleans. Great pups.

Paintjob looks good, great job and happy NGD!
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Looks nice man, just popped the cl/lf set in my 470 today, lovin it so far. Although I still prefer my Bkp am bridge, the liquifire is awesome for creamy leads and sweet cleans. Great pups.

Paintjob looks good, great job and happy NGD!

Yeah I almost went with an Aftermath for the bridge instead, but I'm not a huge fan of ultra hot pickups.