Poll: Which SS Modeling Amp Is The Best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which SS Modeling Amp Is The Best?
Fender Mustang
3 38%
Peavey Vypyr
4 50%
Roland Cube
2 25%
Line 6 Spider (Haha)
3 38%
Voters: 8.
Not that I plan on buying any of these (I don't, my next amp purchase will be the Blackstar ht-40 head and a cab) But which SS modeling do you guys think is the best? Fender Mustang, Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube, or (For shits and giggles) Line 6 Spider? Covering all genres?
I've played all of them, and personally I like the Fender Mustang the best. No brutal metal sounds there, but the cleans and crunches are worth it.
Vox Valvetronix

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I voted Peavey Vypyr and Roland Cube. They're the best modelers on that list in my own opinion. Plus, the tube Vypyrs actually sound great but this is about SS I guess... that said, and it doesn't really count because you said SS and it's a hybrid, the Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKII head is an excellent piece of kit and it's technically a modeler.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Krauser
I voted Peavey Vypyr and Roland Cube. They're the best modelers on that list in my own opinion. Plus, the tube Vypyrs actually sound great but this is about SS I guess... that said, and it doesn't really count because you said SS and it's a hybrid, the Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKII head is an excellent piece of kit and it's technically a modeler.

There's debate on this, but I think the Spider Valve sounds like shit, and is a disgrace for how much they charge for that thing.

@TS: Where's the Vox options? I'm not going to vote because it really depends on what you're playing. If you're into indie and stuff, of course you should get a Vox or a Fender.

That said, I think the Cube is definitely overrated - it has a pitiful amount of options/functionality compared to the other modelers. The Spider is a toy.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 28, 2012,
@TS: Where's the Vox options? I'm not going to vote because it really depends on what you're playing. If you're into indie and stuff, of course you should get a Vox or a Fender.

I said solid-state, as far as I know the Vox Valvetronix is part valve. I love their sound but not solid-state man.
It's the Vypyr if you're more focused on heavier tones, Vox if you're after them vintage sounds.

Quote by JDRed
I said solid-state, as far as I know the Vox Valvetronix is part valve. I love their sound but not solid-state man.

In practice it is a solid state. The tube is a gimmick, contributing nothing to the tone.