91. San Francisco
109. The onion
119. Sea Salt
122. Moleskin Notebooks
134. The TED Conference

Which ones are you guilty of?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 28, 2012,
lil girls.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Not white.

#133 The World Cup
#131 Conan O’Brien
#114 America
#113 Halloween
#91 San Francisco
#76 Bottles of Water
#54 Kitchen Gadgets
#53 Dogs
#40 Apple Products
#39 Netflix
#29 80s Night
#13 Tea
#5 Farmer’s Markets
#1 Coffee

Hmm, I thought I would like more.
STಠ_ಠ
It's funny when things on the list are just commercial ventures built to cash in an a pre-constructed social identity.

It's not funny when they're sincere forums for public discussion that could honestly improve every single person that comes across them.

..Of course I'm talking about microbreweries; no one in this world wouldn't benefit from having better taste in beer.
According to this I'm not white

I will agree with this, however

#11 Asian Girls
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm white, but I don't like Asian girls. I don't dislike them, I'm just not attracted to them.

EDIT: @Kensai
Not white, but I like:

#124 Hating People Who Wear Ed Hardy
#123 Mad Men
#120 Taking a Year Off
#111 Pea Coats
#105 Unpaid Internships
#99 Grammar
#93 Music Piracy
#85 The Wire
#72 Study Abroad
#63 Expensive Sandwiches
#26 Manhattan (now Brooklyn too!)
#8 Barack Obama
#1 Coffee

Except Brooklyn sucks.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by chev311e
I'm white, but I don't like Asian girls. I don't dislike them, I'm just not attracted to them.

EDIT: @Kensai

You clearly aren't white

Quote by BlitzkriegAir
how is this not racist?

How is it racist?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
LOL this is so dead-on for The Pit:

93. Music Piracy

White people have always been renowned for having ridiculously large music collections. So when file sharing gave white people a chance to acquire all the music they ever wanted, it felt as though it was an earned right and not a privilege.

When (not if) you see a white male with a full iPod, ask him if all of his music is legal. If he does not immediately launch into a diatribe about his right to pirate music, you might have to nudge him a bit by saying “do you think that’s right?” The response will be immediate and uniform.

He will likely rattle off statistics about how most musicians don’t make any money from albums, it all comes from touring and merchandise. So by attending shows, he is able to support the musicians while simultaneously striking a blow against multinational corporations. He will proceed to walk you through the process of how record labels are set up to reward the corporation and fundamentally rob the artist of their rights, royalties and creativity. Prepare to hear the name Steve Albini a lot.

Advanced white people will also talk about how their constant downloading of music makes them an expert who can properly recommend bands to friends and co-workers, thus increasing revenues and exposure. So in fact, their “illegal” activities are the new lifeblood of the industry.

When they have finished talking, you must choose your next words wisely. It is considered rude to point out the simple fact that they are still getting music for free. Instead you should say: “Wow, I never thought of it like that. You know a lot about the music industry. What bands are you listening to right now? Who is good?”

This sentence serves two functions: it helps to reassure the white person that they are your local “music expert,” something they prize. Also, it lets them feel as though they have convinced you that their activities are part of a greater social cause and not simple piracy.

If you bring up this issue with white person who says “nah bro, I don’t give a shit, Dave Matthews has enough money as it is.” You are likely dealing with wrong kind of white person.

In the even more rare situation where someone says “it’s all paid for, and it’s all transferred from vinyl.” You have found an expert level white person and must treat the situation carefully.

Because of the availability of music online, a very strict social hierarchy has been created within white culture whereby someone with a large MP3 collection is considered “normal,” a large CD collection is considered to be “better,” and a person with a large vinyl collection is recognized as “elite.”

These elite white people abhor the fact that music piracy has made their B-sides, live performances, and bootlegs available to the masses. Their entire life’s work has been stripped of its rarity in terms of both object and sound on the record. The best thing you can say to them is: “vinyl still sounds better.”

However, it is recommended that you do not let this conversation drag much longer. If you let them continue talking to you they are likely to spend hours talking to you about bands you’ve never heard of and providing you with a weekly mix CD of rarities that you do not want.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 28, 2012,
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
how is this not racist?

It's racist in the literal sense, just not in the practical one. You can't practically be racist against the hegemonic majority race because your prejudice against them doesn't act as any sort of real leverage against their social power.

Literal but non-practical racism is funny instead of upsetting. I don't know why; that's just the rule.

edit* probably because laughing at that humor is the only way to forget that majority has painful and terrible control over you.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Mar 28, 2012,
Seems almost like a list of everything I dislike, on a quick skim through I think I only like dogs and hating people who wear ed hardy shit and sea salt too I guess.
Obama

Thinking they're artistic.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
how is this not racist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
#134 The TED Conference
#131 Conan O’Brien
#116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore
#114 America
#113 Halloween
#109 The Onion
#94 Free Healthcare
#84 T-Shirts
#81 Graduate School
#77 Musical Comedy
#76 Bottles of Water
#72 Study Abroad
#65 Co-Ed Sports
#64 Recycling
#61 Bicycles
#59 Natural Medicine
#55 Apologies
#53 Dogs
#51 Living by the Water
#50 Irony
#49 Vintage
#48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops
#47 Arts Degrees
#44 Public Radio
#43 Plays
#40 Apple Products
#36 Breakfast Places
#35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report
#34 Architecture
#20 Being an expert on YOUR culture
#19 Traveling
#14 Having Black Friends
#13 Tea
#12 Non-Profit Organizations
#7 Diversity
#6 Organic Food
#5 Farmer’s Markets
#4 Assists
#3 Film Festivals

42 of 134. Not bad, but less whiteness is desired.

I need black paint.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Stuff Hipsters Like
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Stuff Hipsters Like

Exactly. It's more about a certain common lifestyle than any specific race...just one that is mostly filled by white people.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by dullsilver_mike
It's racist in the literal sense, just not in the practical one. You can't practically be racist against the hegemonic majority race because your prejudice against them doesn't act as any sort of real leverage against their social power.

Literal but non-practical racism is funny instead of upsetting. I don't know why; that's just the rule.

edit* probably because laughing at that humor is the only way to forget that majority has painful and terrible control over you.

White people are a majority where? Not where I live! Im not really angry about this, its just it reminds of the issue that people seem to think that whites arent affected by racism. Its like saying women cant be sexist against men
Quote by Xiaoxi
LOL this is so dead-on for The Pit:

93. Music Piracy

*Stuff*

I can think of at least a dozen regulars around here this applies perfectly to right off the top of my head. That is glorious.

Quote by necrosis1193
I can think of at least a dozen regulars around here this applies perfectly to right off the top of my head. That is glorious.

I know. It is freaky how surgically precise that is.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
All of you who aren't listing Arrested Development in your list of likes are pathetic, incomplete people.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
#134 The TED Conference
#133 The World Cup
#132 Picking Their Own Fruit
#131 Conan O’Brien
#130 Ray-Ban Wayfarers
#129 Banksy
#128 Camping
#127 Where the Wild Things Are
#126 Vespa Scooters
#125 Bob Marley
#124 Hating People Who Wear Ed Hardy
#123 Mad Men
#122 Moleskine Notebooks
#121 Funny or Ironic Tattoos
#120 Taking a Year Off
#119 Sea Salt
#118 Ugly Sweater Parties
#117 Political Prisoners
#116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore
#115 Promising to Learn a New Language
#114 America
#113 Halloween
#111 Pea Coats
#110 Frisbee Sports
#109 The Onion
#108 Appearing to Enjoy Classical Music
#107 Self Aware Hip Hop References
#106 Facebook
#105 Unpaid Internships
#104 Girls with Bangs
#103 Sweaters
#102 Children’s Games as Adults
#99 Grammar
#98 The Ivy League
#97 Scarves
#96 New Balance Shoes
#95 Rugby
#94 Free Healthcare
#93 Music Piracy
#91 San Francisco
#90 Dinner Parties
#89 St. Patrick’s Day
#88 Having Gay Friends
#87 Outdoor Performance Clothes
#84 T-Shirts
#83 Bad Memories of High School
#82 Hating Corporations
#81 Graduate School
#80 The Idea of Soccer
#79 Modern Furniture
#78 Multilingual Children
#77 Musical Comedy
#76 Bottles of Water
#75 Threatening to Move to Canada
#74 Oscar Parties
#73 Gentrification
#72 Study Abroad
#71 Being the only white person around
#69 Mos Def
#68 Michel Gondry
#66 Divorce
#65 Co-Ed Sports
#64 Recycling
#63 Expensive Sandwiches
#62 Knowing What’s Best for Poor People
#61 Bicycles
#60 Toyota Prius
#58 Japan
#57 Juno
#56 Lawyers
#55 Apologies
#54 Kitchen Gadgets
#53 Dogs
#52 Sarah Silverman
#51 Living by the Water
#50 Irony
#49 Vintage
#48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops
#47 Arts Degrees
#46 The Sunday New York Times
#45 Asian Fusion Food
#44 Public Radio
#43 Plays
#42 Sushi
#41 Indie Music
#40 Apple Products
#39 Netflix
#38 Arrested Development
#37 Renovations
#36 Breakfast Places
#35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report
#34 Architecture
#33 Marijuana
#31 Snowboarding
#28 Not having a TV
#24 Wine
#23 Microbreweries
#22 Having Two Last Names
#20 Being an expert on YOUR culture
#19 Traveling
#18 Awareness
#17 Hating their Parents
#16 Gifted Children
#14 Having Black Friends
#13 Tea
#12 Non-Profit Organizations
#9 Making you feel bad about not going outside
#8 Barack Obama
#7 Diversity
#4 Assists
#3 Film Festivals

I'm the worst kind of stereotype
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
#1 Coffee
#10 Wes Anderson Movies
#21 Writers Workshops
#23 Microbreweries
#38 Arrested Development
#39 Netflix
#41 Indie Music
#42 Sushi
#43 Plays
#44 Public Radio
#47 Arts Degrees
#52 Sarah Silverman
#53 Dogs
#57 Juno
#81 Graduate School
#91 San Francisco
#99 Grammar
#109 The Onion
#123 Mad Men
#129 Banksy
#134 The TED Conference

There's my personal list. I'm tolerant of all tastes and people who disagree with me, but if you don't like Mad Men, TED Talks, or proper Grammar, you can go straight to hell.

*edit

Quote by BlitzkriegAir
White people are a majority where? Not where I live! Im not really angry about this, its just it reminds of the issue that people seem to think that whites arent affected by racism. Its like saying women cant be sexist against men

I live in the US, where white people are the majority and where most of these stereotypes come from.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Mar 28, 2012,
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
that show sucked

I refer back to my original statement.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
that show sucked

I'll kill you.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I tried watching Arrested Development.

Did it have some good humour? Yes.

Would I watch it again if I ran across it channel-flipping? Yes.

Ws it the most overhyped comedy show I've ever watched? Yes.

Come at me, white guys.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
It's funny when things on the list are just commercial ventures built to cash in an a pre-constructed social identity.

It's not funny when they're sincere forums for public discussion that could honestly improve every single person that comes across them.

..Of course I'm talking about microbreweries; no one in this world wouldn't benefit from having better taste in beer.

+2
Don"t Be A Bitch.
I can never get through an entire TED talk, they're so boring.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by TOMMYB22
*a crapload*

I'm the worst kind of stereotype

Someone get this guy to the Burn Unit for emergency treatment, ASAP

I hope you guys are actually reading some of these. Some of them HURT

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
#131 Conan O’Brien
#123 Mad Men
#114 America
#111 Pea Coats
#108 Appearing to Enjoy Classical Music
#104 Girls with Bangs
#94 Free Healthcare
#93 Music Piracy
#91 San Francisco
#79 Modern Furniture

My guilty list.
Quote by BlitzkriegAir

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yes, BlitzkriegAir. My anus is in fact in pain. In agony even. I am in immeasurable, unholy suffering. Because you have ****ed me BlitzkriegAir. You ****ed me, tearing apart the sensitive lining, causing blood to erupt from my rectum. Your dislike of a cancelled Fox television series has left me permanently scarred, and I will never be able to resume normal life. I hope it was worth it.
Quote by Shredder XXX
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Yes, BlitzkriegAir. My anus is in fact in pain. In agony even. I am in immeasurable, unholy suffering. Because you have ****ed me BlitzkriegAir. You ****ed me, tearing apart the sensitive lining, causing blood to erupt from my rectum. Your dislike of a cancelled Fox television series has left me permanently scarred, and I will never be able to resume normal life. I hope it was worth it.

Actually I never watched the show. Go see your gastroenterologist about your rectum problems.

Quote by Xiaoxi
butthurt.jpeg

Its hard to be butthurt when i state that im not even mad
Last edited by BlitzkriegAir at Mar 28, 2012,
Page 1 of 4