So I recently bought a Thomson GM-215 amp. Sounds fine when I tested it but when I came home, a wild humming/buzzing showed. At first, it no hums and buzzes can be heard, but after like 5 minutes, the buzzing gradually increases its volume therefore it really irritates anyone who hears it.

i tried plugging something on the phone jack (output jack) the buzzing magically disappears. But, plugging something on the phone jack will cut of any sound coming out of the speaker of the amp. So I conclude there is something wrong with the output jack. Any help? Thanks
Does the humming stop when you're playing the guitar?
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by Mootallica
Does the humming stop when you're playing the guitar?

Nope, i believe there is nothing wrong with the guitar. Even though there is nothing plugged in, the hum still occurs.
Wouldn't have said it was a problem with the guitar. If the humming were to cut out when you begin to play again, then it'd be a noise problem that would almost certainly fixed with a noise suppressor, or that your guitar was too close to the amp (feedback)

Are there any speakers close by to the amp (computer speakers, surround sound if in a bedroom) etc? Anything that could potentially cause the interference?

Otherwise I'm not sure what it could be, but I'm not very experienced in this field - just shooting out some of the more common problems/fixes.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Well, i dont think there is any interference around. It's just that silly output jack that causes the hum
Hmm, maybe unplug the amp from the power, and give it a look if your confident? See if there's an off solder or bad shielding?
Quote by srvguitarrulez