Page 1 of 2
Nope, but they're strangely supportive of my crack habit.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Wow, what a bitch. My mom tend to enjoy when I play music at the house.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
They support my quest to become a good guitarist, but they don't support me buying music (have over 200 CDs haha). They think the guitar is a good way to spend my time and what-not, but don't approve of how expensive the music is. They'd rather I download it for free. Meh
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
From Hardcore:

Quote by blake2112

While there's hypocrisy in everything she says, she is right, for the most part.

Quote by element4433

The comments! Oh the comments!

"She's just jealous that our generation isn't conforming to the old standards, that we can choose to live our own lives however we want to. We're free..."

Posted from: Mother's Basement.
Last edited by blake1221 at Mar 28, 2012,
Hey don't make it look like I posted that.

Basically, this is like one incident. Who's mom hasn't said shit like that?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Hey don't make it look like I posted that.

Basically, this is like one incident. Who's mom hasn't said shit like that?

Sorry, I figured the quotes would denote that.
Quote by blake1221
From Hardcore:

pwned

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by blake1221
Sorry, I figured the quotes would denote that.
That was a just in case.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I did too. Then I saw that you fixed it and unfixed it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yeah, but I bet it was Element who posted that comment on YouTube in the first place.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by element4433
I did too. Then I saw that you fixed it and unfixed it.

They're only getting worse, the comments.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Yeah, but I bet it was Element who posted that comment on YouTube in the first place.

Possibly. The world will never know.

Quote by element4433
Nope. I don't have a youtube account.

I stand corrected. Case closed.
Nope. I don't have a youtube account. Or maybe I do.

Wait. Yes I do. But I've never commented on a video.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Jeez, I thought it was bad when somebody said she had a personality disorder.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

She's ****ing being a mom. Jeez.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

my parents are but then again im also going to school and working full time...so they cant really complain also i do most of my playing outside of the house
This reminds you of the intro from the song "I wanna rock" by the Twisted Sisters.
Quote by blake1221
You just don't understand, man.
Man, if I had a nickel for every time my mom tried to get me to do stuff when I was seventeen.

I'd have like forty nickels.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by MattyPS
This reminds you of the intro from the song "I wanna rock" by the Twisted Sisters.

I was thinking more "Love Is Like A Rock" by The Kiss.

Quote by element4433
Man, if I had a nickel for every time my mom tried to get me to do stuff when I was seventeen.

I'd have like forty nickels.

It's incredible how quick to vilify people are. She was parenting, and keyboard warriors have this self-righteous, up-their-own-ass nobility like they don't deserve to have their dreams reasonably culled.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
In all fairness, if all he does is just shuts himself away to play and does nothing else, he needs to get out more.

Can't say I disagree. If he's just shutting himself away and playing, then he's not contributing any more to music by doing that than my fapping habit contributes to the population.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
My parents want to see me do what I want to, but they want me to be able to support myself (to be able to cover things like surgeries, insurance, etc) financially. It's not much to ask, but then again going into a career involved in music is probably one of the riskiest choices you can make. It's all I want to do though, so I'm stuck with it ha ha.

They're kind of protective, and I'm a dreamer (idea of being a musician thing). I'm scared to death of bringing up the idea of me trying to make a living as a musician with them, but it will have to come up sometime -shudders-.
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Quote by blake1221
It's incredible how quick to vilify people are. She was parenting, and keyboard warriors have this self-righteous, up-their-own-ass nobility like they don't deserve to have their dreams reasonably culled.
To be fair, she probably went about it in completely the wrong way and probably acted purely out of frustration.

But outside of being funny, which it is, it's not a big deal at all. I guarantee this conversation happens multiple times a day in many different households.

I've had it several times. But I didn't react the same way as him. I was probably all "Get out mom! This Madden team isn't going to create itself!"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

If I were completely devoted to playing guitar alone in my room, I'd hope my mother would be kind enough to do that.

But she still probably wouldn't.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Nope. I play and book punk shows, im helping run a new DIY label, and I help record bands and design/make merch. But since it doesnt really make much money, its apparently not worthwhile, and I should go to a trade school or get an internship to get first hand experience in a career id want in the future. Unlike what im doing now of course. >.>
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
My mom supports me and hopes i get to do something with music, but she never takes the time to hear me play.
Quote by element4433
To be fair, she probably went about it in completely the wrong way and probably acted purely out of frustration.

But outside of being funny, which it is, it's not a big deal at all. I guarantee this conversation happens multiple times a day in many different households.

I've had it several times. But I didn't react the same way as him. I was probably all "Get out mom! This Madden team isn't going to create itself!"

Without context, we have no way of knowing what led up to the conversation as it was recorded, so the frustration may well be down to the kid's refusal to do chores around the house, or get a vacation job or soemthing because "the music is important, and you don't get it because [misunderstood philosophy]", or whatever.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Well, I don't know about the guy at all. Maybe is an anti social person who stays in his room playing guitar or maybe he is a perfectly normal guy who is dedicated to guitar. So she may have good reason to feel concerned but is going about it the wrong way.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by element4433

I'm not debating that, but compared to the amount of parents that are far worse, this is just an average case of somewhat intrusive parenting. Not handled the most delicately, but no one is perfect.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. I've heard it myself, as well. Sometimes you need that motivation to get up and out of the house and do something.
Quote by toine
My mom supports me and hopes i get to do something with music, but she never takes the time to hear me play.

*first world problems*
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by blake1221
I'm not debating that, but compared to the amount of parents that are far worse, this is just an average case of somewhat intrusive parenting. Not handled the most delicately, but no one is perfect.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. I've heard it myself, as well. Sometimes you need that motivation to get up and out of the house and do something.

See, but some kids really don't want to do anything else besides that, and they enjoy doing it. He's probably early college, late high school, can she really expect a kid to do anything more on the summer?

Yeah I could understand it if it was something about getting a job, but she just doesn't like what he's doing. It sounds like a rant a bitchy, judgemental teenager would give. I feel really bad for the kid, seeing as he endures this shit a lot, it's gotta hurt.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Vince Sixx
See, but some kids really don't want to do anything else besides that, and they enjoy doing it. He's probably early college, late high school, can she really expect a kid to do anything more on the summer?

Yeah I could understand it if it was something about getting a job, but she just doesn't like what he's doing. It sounds like a rant a bitchy, judgemental teenager would give. I feel really bad for the kid, seeing as he endures this shit a lot, it's gotta hurt.

She's just looking out for him. She doesn't see music as a viable future, and you know what? She has every right to. It's a vicious, demanding lifestyle that's as much granted by hard work as it is by copious amounts of luck. How many people are there out there that play at this kid's level? How many are out there that are above his level?

We're morbidly obese from this lofty ideal that we're entitled to what we want and how we want to live our lives, like we're owed comfort and happiness. The very second someone with sound thinking is and a realistic view comes in, we're up in arms, angrily lashing back.

We're not entitled to shit.
Life is fucking hard.
We don't all get to be rock stars.
Quote by element4433

You're funny
They approve me playing instruments but dont want me to spend time listening to music or hear me discuss music with others.
Page 1 of 2