Hello!
I am going to buy a new bridge pickup for my American Standard ash SSS strat with maple fingerboard. The guitar is absolutely stock now. I am tired of the hum and noise that comes from my guitar when I turn up the gain, so I want a higher output humbucking pickup in a single-coil size.
After some research I've settled on some pickups, and I really need your opinion on my choice: SD Little 59; SD JB Jr; SD Hot Rails; Dimarzio Chopper; Dimarzio ProTrack.
I want a noiseless (well, they are all noiseless, aren't they?) high-output pickup which will sound close to a full-sized bright sounding humbucker and will be suitable for genres from blues to modern rock and 80's heavy metal. I don't like LP-like fat sound (in fact, when I play a Les Paul, I always turn the Tone knob on my amp and the guitar to the max, and I am still unsatisfied). On the other hand, I don't want my guitar to sound thin and too bright.
Frankly speaking, Seymour Duncan's JB Jr appeals to me most, but after reading some reviews I have become afraid that it will sound thin and lifeless in my ash strat with maple neck, which is a bright-sounding guitar on default. Please help!

PS: sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language!
While the single coil sized humbuckers are awesome, you can get one problem that I got on my Am. Std. Strat...it's super loud in comparison to the single coils.
I guess you can change some components and wiring to fix the balance, but I like to keep things simple.
Anyway..I had a DiMarzio ToneZone which sounded great, but it was just overpowering the singles in middle and neck position.
I swapped it out a while ago to a DiMarzio Injector singlecoil (Paul Gilbert signature ones) and it is amazing. If you back up on the tone a little bit you get it to sound a little bit more humbuckerish. It is hum-cancelling as well so no problem with that.
The Injector can easily handle the genres you want to play.

Long story short, don't rule out hum cancelling single coils!
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Lace Sensor Red. will have plenty of balls for the higher gain stuff but still retain enough of the strat sound for blues etc.
I definitely recommend the Hot Rails. I have them in the bridge and neck positions of my strat copy and love them both.