I play alot through amp sims on my Mac (Native Instrments GR5 Session IO) and I like to play with headphones, especially at night. I have some Sony MRD noise canceling headphones. They're alright. The noise canceling is great, but the sound quality os just okay. And they're not very comfortable to have on for hours. Anyways they're really not musicians headphones.

I'm thinking of pickup a pair of these.
http://www.extremeheadphones.com/products/ex-29-headphones

Anyone know if these are worth getting?
Paul Gilbert says they're worth getting!
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
I know, and he's one of my favorite guitarist.

But I've seen a few reviews that say the build quality isn't the best and they feel like they're made from cheap plastic. If they feel cheap, I'll hate them. That is something that will always bug me about anything.

I should point out that I don't really need them to be sound isolating, just more comfortable than these Sony MDR-69837297200 whatever the fk headphones I'm currently using.
Haha, I am not surprised that's how you found out about them.
I was down that road once as well...I almost bought them...but then I opted for a pair of AKG K271 MKII Studio instead. They are super comfortable and the audio is amazing. Not great if you want to use them for mixing though, since they are a bit bass heavy.
I highly recommend AKG though if you're not too picky about the sound being a bit on the bassy side.
I got a pair of AKG 142HD as well, and they're open headphones, so not as bassy. Audio quality is about the same on them, although the 142's wont isolate sound.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
I've always found sennheiser make good headphones, I've got a pair myself. They're comfortable and the sound's better than most others I've tried. Pretty cheap too for what they are.
If you aren't willing to pay more than $100 go with Sennhieser. HD280 would probably suit you best for amp sims and stuff.

If you are willing to pay more than $100, grab yourself some Audio Technica ATH-M50's.