Maybe AASA (Alien Air and Spae Admin) will send a century long voyage to us....
OH HELL YES METALCORE
GOD DAMNIT USA
Fund money into sending us to these planets instead of trying to be bitches and pussies about the internet!
Bring NASA's full capacity back!

...please I just want to see if dinosaurs still exist there

Quote by EyeForgot
Maybe AASA (Alien Air and Spae Admin) will send a century long voyage to us....

Then they'd come here and the rednecks would laugh at their name, thus causing them to leave
"durr sounds like Ass-a lolol"
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Mar 28, 2012,
I really don't care and I wish NASA would stop whining about not having enough funding. We have other priorities besides making contact with aliens who will either be bacteria or something, or more advanced than us and therefore likely to treat us as farm animals, in which case we better hope their planet's equivalent of PETA is taken more seriously than ours.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I really don't care and I wish NASA would stop whining about not having enough funding. We have other priorities besides making contact with aliens who will either be bacteria or something, or more advanced than us and therefore likely to treat us as farm animals, in which case we better hope their planet's equivalent of PETA is taken more seriously than ours.

I wish your avatar was still Magneto. It made posts like this far more epic.
I'll bring him back eventually, I always do.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr

What bigger concerns are you thinking of? The economy perhaps?

Dollar-for-Dollar investment in the Apollo missions had the highest economic return of any federal investment (about 9:1 i believe)

EDIT: http://184.182.233.142/rid=1J205X95H-3ZNPFH-215Q/1G436W6SVITYVNWKI22VGIimage

not sure where I heard the 9:1 figure, but it is high. Think of the technologies that have been spawned from the space missions:
- GPS
- Kidney Dialysis
- Satellite TV
- Global communication networks
- Teflon,
- Ceramics
- Cryogenic gases
- ... Space ice cream? (Freeze-dried foods)
In all seriousness there have been many, including huge advances in computing, materials and scientific understanding that wouldn't have been possible without going to the moon - we should invest now (when labour is cheap, and investment in manufacturing is sorely lacking) to create a better economic future.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Mar 28, 2012,
That's pretty cool.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'll bring him back eventually, I always do.

You better. This is a music site and I hear he's attracted to metal

ahahaha

...haha

...ahhh..

I'll let myself out
Quote by BoyLilikoi
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/28/super_earths_hundreds_close_by/

Considering NASA's budget has drastically been cut, I don't think we'll be sending any century long voyages anytime soon.

In ten years it will be back. Lots of people and money were cut since they have basically run out of shuttles. NASA is now in a transitional phase and is already planning for building ships to Mars. Hell you can even apply to be an astronaut right now for the voyage. NASA went through this same phase after the apollo missions since guess what, they had no ****ing rockets.
I do believe we're not alone. As big as the universe is, it'd be pretty blind to say for sure we're the only one. It's like seeing something that was very unlikely to happen and say this was the only time it ever occured.
Life might not even be carbon based, so the conditions wouldn't necessarily have to be Earth-like.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
It's so close to impossible that there isn't life somewhere else in our galaxy.