I just bought a hand made in japan ibanez acoustic m340. It's over 30 years old yet looks like it's still new, my question is are old guitars like this tough enough to be used as a main guitar, it would be a shame to kill such a beautiful instrument.
It's a guitar, it's made to be played. There's still playable guitars around that were made in the 30s. Also, all guitars are hand-made, so that's not a factor.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I guess that answers it. Anything I should do for my new/old axe to make it battle worthy?
Yeah. My classical's probably around 30 years old and I use it all the time.

Quote by Dr.Pondscum
I guess that answers it. Anything I should do for my new/old axe to make it battle worthy?

How's the fretboard? Dry? Lemon oil!
Quote by Dr.Pondscum

Shave its hair off
Why own it if you don't play it?
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Of course I'm going to play it, I just didn't know weather it was a sit a home guitar or Bonfire camping sort of stick
Quote by Dr.Pondscum
Of course I'm going to play it, I just didn't know weather it was a sit a home guitar or Bonfire camping sort of stick

Depends on who else is at said bonfire. If they're the sort of dicks who like to burn anything combustible when drunk, then **** no.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Dr.Pondscum
All guitars are hand made?

Yep. Individual parts can be machine-made, but most of the rest is done by hand, even the cheapest chinese-made instruments
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Dr.Pondscum

Clean/oil up that fingerboard. Also play it. I own one that's 29 and play it daily.
So the "hand made from select woods" sticker is just to sell it huh? Cause I know for a fact only the top is a solid wood the back and sides haven't aged nearly as much suggesting a laminate wood
Quote by mybanez
Clean/oil up that fingerboard. Also play it. I own one that's 29 and play it daily.

Do u have a m340?