Humbucker LP style guitars aren't really my thing, but this popped up on my local classifieds:

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Tokia-Love-Rock-les-paul-model-Must-sell-make-an-offer-W0QQAdIdZ366883786

I've heard tons of good things about Tokai, and they go for over a grand on ebay all the time. Would I be able to squeeze a grand out of this one by buying and reselling it?
Maybe if it is in good shape. There was a time when those where actually better than an actual Gibson, and still are if they are in decent shape. I love those old Lawsuit guitars!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
A quick google search shows that (apparently, I'd check this yourself too) the last Japanese made Tokai's were made in 2001.

If it's Japanese made, for $300 I'd recommend it. If not, it'll probably still beat an Epi.
I'm looking at this mostly just for resale to make a quick buck. Would I only be able to sell it for a big profit if its a pre-2001 japanese one?
Quote by Anon17
A quick google search shows that (apparently, I'd check this yourself too) the last Japanese made Tokai's were made in 2001.

LOLWUT?

they're still making them in japan

however the one in question isn't japanese- 3 screw truss rod cover.

also the canadian market has a lot of fake tokais

i'd pass
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I asked about that guitar several months ago, when someone else was selling it...it's a newer tokai, not the sought after 70s lawsuit version. If i recall correctly it has a bolt on neck, and it sold originally for 200$
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Alright, thanks everybody. Got my hopes up for nothing, but I should have known I'll never find an amazing deal on ottawa kijiji haha.
^ no worries. better to find out now than after you've bought
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?