I've been playing guitar for 3 years now, and the last 6 months I've taken it very seriously (3-5 hours guitar Mon.-Fri., 5-7 Sat. - Sun.) I've played a lot of blues, which I'm planning to keep up, but I really want to learn how to play blues rock like Angus, Page and Gilmour. The only problem is that I have a hard time making some precise, energetic and soulful fast guitar playing. I've got used to playing guitar in the Paul Kossoff/Peter Green style but I just feel like I need that energy there is in rock. Do any of you have any tips for playing rather fast on guitar? In case you want to know where I am in skill here's a video of me live playing some latin/blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBv-Nt6ElHI
the video is pointless in this regard, if you have a specific technique issue that people need to see to give advice on then by all means post one, but a video of you performing in a band filmed from a distance is useless.

If you want post your video for people to see then please post it in the recordings forum. If you want technique advice then you're going to have to be far more specific with your questions.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com