So this issue just started happening a few seconds ago. I was playing a song and all the sudden the sound coming through may amp was cutting in and out pretty frequently. This a brand new issue. Some info that might be helpful:

- The amp is about 2 years old
- Its a Line 6 Spider II 15W
- My guitar is brand new, less than a month old (so it cant be the guitar ((Its an Ibanez RG3EXFM1 if that changes anything..)) )
- And my cable is brand new too
Before throwing it out, I'd make sure the cable's good. Also, make sure it's not the power cable. when it cuts out, are the lights flashing? If so, try tucking the power cable under the amp before it goes in the wall.
You should try it with another guitar. A friend's guitar or something. And vice versa you should check your guitar on another amp.
Everything is plugged in right. And there are no flashing lights. And to the guy who said throw it, shut up. Unlike you, I dont have a job or money to buy a new one....
Quote by sauce3696
Everything is plugged in right. And there are no flashing lights. And to the guy who said throw it, shut up. Unlike you, I dont have a job or money to buy a new one....

i dont have a job or money either dude, 'twas an impulse reaction joke, considering anything related to the spider amps i see on this website is something like calling them garbage. i for one am not a fan of the lower wattage spider amps, but hey, im not a fan of most of my own equipment
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
the dumpster - too funny

Do the lights turn off when the amp cuts out?

And if it was working fine before you brought your new cable - then odds are its the cable. Rule #1 of electronics: Just because its new doesn't mean it works
Unfortunately, the spider series (and most other low wattage modellers) are considered disposable amps. If there's something actually wrong with it, it'll cost you more to fix it than it's worth. That's why people are saying throw it out... Well, that and the spiders are considered pretty bad. But they're better than playing with no amp, so

Try wiggling the cable at the guitar and at the amp while you strum a note. The sound cutting in and out could be a simple bad jack or cable, or some internal fault... which would mean your amp is pretty much done.

Quote by zero
Just because its new doesn't mean it works

+1
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Let's play a little game... how many arrogant tube'n'nitro snobs can we find on this post?

I've got to two so far.
Quote by deano_l
Let's play a little game... how many arrogant tube'n'nitro snobs can we find on this post?

I've got to two so far.

Point em out fella. This has nothing to do with snobbery. TS, the spider 2 of my friend is tough as nails, and I don't mean finishing nails. That said, it may just be its time, like has been said, if its broke, you will probably spend more fixing than you would on a new spider. Unlike some more simple amps, it gets pretty hairy diagnosing a digital amp over the internet, one, because when a digital gadget breaks most people just get a new one, and two, because youve got a goody bag of ICs in there and trouble shooting them is a pain. Make sure that you do try another cable and guitar, make sure the speaker is connected well. Good luck TS, I know that it must be hell not being able to have an amp
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Point em out fella. This has nothing to do with snobbery

You can honestly say that can you, in spite of some of the posts?

I think you outlined the point well about the cost of repairs versus a new amp and did so politely. Some others chose not to, and I don't need to point them out. Their posts are there for all to see.
I'm not saying some of the posts weren't blunt and arguably rude(depending on your sense of humor) I'm just saying it wasn't tube snobbery responsible. The ends I agree with you, its more that I disagree with what you blamed as the cause. In any case, TS, I would see about scrounging up a hundred bucks and getting something new.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by deano_l

I've got to two so far.

Let's play a little game and spot an arrogant man with no sense of humor?

TS: It's probably just finally cut out. The Spiders are cheaply manufactured. They're not built to last. It's probably just your amps' time.

That said, I would still definitely check out the obvious things. Different cable, different power cable (any desktop computer power cord will work, or any amp's for that matter), different guitar.

If it's none of those, then your amp is done.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--