hi i need a new guitar for my christian band.

i want to get a telecaster since that's the standard type of guitar for christian bands (and i loved my old tele. its a shame it broke :/)

i can spend about $500 on the guitar and about $200-300 for a new combo amp.

some guitars i've chosen are the Fender FSR Standard Telecaster, Fender Standard Telecaster Ash, Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus, the blacktop tele and the blacktop baritone tele.

for an amps i chose the Fender Mustang III 100W and the Acoustic Lead Guitar Series G100FX 100W.

we mostly play songs like hillsong, chris tomlin, david crowder band, kristian stanfill, starfield, etc. also i'd like to have a guitar that could handle some decent amounts of gain for songs from bands like skillet, red, and pillar. thanks
one the trucks that our equipment was in got into a car accident so most of the electric guitar and keyboard stuff broke. including my amp and my actual guitar ><
wow, that sucks big time. insurance didn't cover anything?

I like the ash tele. I have an ash tele myself, and I really like the sound they make. as for an amp, those two are okay, but neither is great. try and see if you can find something in your local classifieds.
yeah, it was a pain. insurance just gave us some money which we're using to buy new equipment with. it's not too much of a big deal i suppose haha.

ill look in my classifieds for some amps
Honestly, my MIM standard gets the job done with flying colors, which would leave you with more amp money. Probably not most people's first choice, but it sounds like you're on a pretty tight budget.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
You should probably spend more on an amp. Acoustics are not that good. I would stay away from them. The mustang is alright if you like mod amps. Personally, I would find a nice used guitar and get a nicer fender amp.
Quote by silvertone191
yeah, it was a pain. insurance just gave us some money which we're using to buy new equipment with. it's not too much of a big deal i suppose haha.

ill look in my classifieds for some amps

classifieds are probably the best place for sub $500 amps.

you should be able to find something like a blackstar combo or a peavey valveking 212 for $300 if you look hard enough
It seems you've already narrowed your choice down, so I'm confused as to what input you're looking for here.

Since you already know what you want all I can really comment on is:
Quote by silvertone191
i'd like to have a guitar that could handle some decent amounts of gain for songs from bands like skillet, red, and pillar. thanks

Almost every electric guitar can 'handle some...gain'. They'll all sound different obviously, but it's up to you what sounds better.

Seek out these guitars and try them if at all possible, it's the only definite way of knowing if you'll like them before buying. If it's not possible, work with what you do know - what you've liked about guitars you've owned or played in the past and narrow it down from there. You've sort of already done this which is good, now you just need to get it down to one.

EDIT: The post above mine offers some good advice regarding amps. Blackstars are generally quite adept at reproducing Fender sounds if you want them to. Obviously they aren't identical but they are good amps in their own right. Try one. And buying used is a good idea, just make sure the valves are all still in tact and have some life left in them. If they don't, replacing them is easy and relatively cheap, but still something of a pain.
Last edited by MetallicJA at Mar 28, 2012,
Hey, I don't know if this is even on your radar, but it may be worth looking into a Variax and a POD. I play guitar for my church weekly, and the ability of the Variax to go from a peizo-acoustic sound, to a high gain Les Paul type sound on the step of a button opens up a lot of possibilities. In a single set we often go from playing stuff like Fireflight and Decyfer Down to stuff like Chris Tomlin and Kari Jobe, and it does it well. The tones may not be "Authentic" (meaning it wont sound exactly like the vintage guitar they modeled it after) however, they do sound GOOD, and more than good enough to use live. It's especially good if you're the only guitarist in the band so you cant waste time switching guitars or re-doing amp settings mid-way through a set.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there for you. The Variax's and POD's have served our many worship teams and side-bands very well over the last 8 years.
Jim Root tele.
If it does metal it does anything.
Kinda.
Personally I really don't like the necks but I would go for one of those types of guitars or similar with a V shaped neck if I had to choose a tele
METAL!
Well my friend from another band is sending me his fender amp. (forgot the model) so I just need to focus on a telecaster... So I'm thinking of the tele baritone, the fsr ash or the standard..
More towards the baritone