Hi, yesterday I picked up a les paul standard, I took it home and after a while of playing, the two washers around the unput (if thats what its called, the port that you plug the cord into the guitar) came unscrewed, now because of this the electronic thing ( dont know much about hardware, sorry) is receded under the plate that covers it. I tried to unscrew and fix it with a pair of pliars, but I was unable too. Any ideas on what to do about this?
you should just be able to unscrew the plate as you said, and simply push the socket through the plate again while you thread the nut back onto it?

What exactly were you unable to do?
I've had the same guitar for 8 years and yeah mine unscrews but everytime i feel to put the cable in when I play, I generally just screw it back out of habit. If you arnt planning on changing the electronics, you could superglue it on?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
No don't super glue it on! You may wan't to change the jack later, if you get a small spanner and tighten it really well it should last for ages without coming undone.
I unscrewed the plate,but when i try to push the electronic thing back through the hole in the plate it wont fit through.
is it because there's a nut on the inner side that is too far up the post? Ie it goes in a tiny bit but not far enough to poke through? If so just thread the nut further on on the inner side.

If that's not it i can't imagine why it wouldn't fit through...
I'm just going to take it back to the shop and have them fix it. Thanks for the help anyway.
Quote by Tune my fork
No don't super glue it on! You may wan't to change the jack later, if you get a small spanner and tighten it really well it should last for ages without coming undone.

Thats why I said if he wasnt planning on changing it :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot

if you had put the jack thru the plate and added a locking washer, it would have been fine.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011