Ive had a Boss NS-2 Noise suppressor that I have used on my 5150 head for awhile now. Ive always ran it straight into the front, but I want to use the 4 cable method now that I have enough extra cables. I have it hooked up right but everytime I turn on the amp with the 4 cables hooked up there is not much signal at all. You can hear the guitar but it is very clean and quiet even when on the lead channel. This is with the effects look switched off even. Does the 4 cable method not work well with the 5150 or is my effects loop messed up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You might have your sends and returns mixed up - or something is wrong with the loop .

Try something simple in the loop to make sure it works.
The 4 cable method is very easy to mess up/get confused (I did it myself a few times when I had a 5150 & an NS-2). Here's what to do:

Guitar -> Input

NS-2 Send -> Amp Input

NS-2 Output -> Amp Return

Amp Send -> NS-2 Return
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The 4 cable method is very easy to mess up/get confused (I did it myself a few times when I had a 5150 & an NS-2). Here's what to do:

Guitar -> Input

NS-2 Send -> Amp Input

NS-2 Output -> Amp Return

Amp Send -> NS-2 Return

Wow I feel dumb. I had looked up how to do it but I guess it was a little off. The way you have it works perfectly. Thanks for you help.