As a challenge to both my recording and musical skills, I've decided to come up with the most music I can in a month and record a LP\Ep ( depending how much songs I can get done) within a month.

I will document my progress with video cast, and pictures on a Facebook page(link below)

I decided to share with the pit in hope to encourage people to do similar thing. See who comes up with the best tracks and whatnot on a short period of time. No real rules expect, the music has to be made and recorded during the month of april 2012. Also you should report back weekly to this thread to give us some news on how you're doing.

So join me and post your personal challenge here. Or point and laugh, whatever.

this is the Facebook page where I will keep my updates : http://www.facebook.com/MassDeconstruction

You can like if you want to be kept updated.

Pit, do your worst.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by Vermillionpart2
If the genre is good I shall keep track. Genre?

I will be working on Post-Rock\Doom mostly. With a violin player.

It will be a shift in direction from my previous work.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Mar 28, 2012,
I just finished a Ep (four songs) wrote and recorded in three days. But we did that this month. Maybe we'll take a go at it, cool idea man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Quote by KevinFreund
I just finished a Ep (four songs) wrote and recorded in three days. But we did that this month. Maybe we'll take a go at it, cool idea man.

Do it! you probably could come up with a bunch of songs since you seems to work fast.
Quote by cyco_bob56
So I take it that this can be the Pit's "Album in a Month Series: April Edition"?

I haven't seen any of those
So is this thread a bit like the month album challenge we have?

I would participate but I don't have a synthesiser, a decent amp or any recording gear.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by King Donkey
So is this thread a bit like the month album challenge we have?

Not really, it's more of a personal challenge thing. Make and record as much music as you can in one month. No real rules. no competition.
Sounds like a good idea. I agree that a lot of those monthly challenges are too specific. This seems more flexible.

I just started scoring a short film for my final project, and the whole production will have to be done by the end of April. I'm getting a photographer friend to help me shoot pics/videos of the scoring session in about 3 weeks.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've been pushin' around ideas for a slightly acoustic EP for a few weeks. So I suppose I'll get in on this too.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Last edited by Gaiad at Mar 29, 2012,
I've been way too busy with school... but come May, I'm writing an album. Hoping for 12 songs and probably will record a couple covers. I've had my new home studio for like 8 months and haven't gotten to use it yet.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by Georgia145
If the genre is good I shall keep track. Genre?

I have mentioned the style of music i'm making in an above post.
Quote by korinaflyingv
nice idea, will be following this. i should be able to get an ep or 2 done in april.

the more the merrier! keep us updated .