Okay, so I am looking at a few classical guitars in the ~$400 range. The catch is however, I will need to have to order online, from Long and McQuade. I have a couple models picked out that piqued my interest:

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/1560/Guitars/Classical/Almansa/Classical_Guitar_Cedar_Mahogany.htm

Seems solid enough.

and:

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/14062/

I'm slightly partial to the LaPatrie as it is made in Canada.

Full L&M classical page: http://www.long-mcquade.com/departments/11/filter/?FilterCost=2&FilterBrand=0

I'm looking for a solid first classical guitar to attempt to learn classical pieces on, and to use it to expand my "guitar palette". I'm not looking for a lot of frills (if there even is any in this price point), just a solid guitar. I am also open to other guitars if I would be able to order it from another site, like AxeMusic. I am unwilling to go used as I am in the middle of nowhere, and would be unable to return the guitar if i didnt like it.

EDIT: Because of a very rude user, I have also decided to possibly order from Musicians friend.

Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Apr 1, 2012,
have you looked at alvarez or aria, they both make really solid guitars for the price
Quote by Bad Kharmel
have you looked at alvarez or aria, they both make really solid guitars for the price

If you can give me a specific model and a place to order it online I'll check it out.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by Captaincranky
Yeah. The OP says the guitar has to be ordered from "Long & McQuade" in Canada. They don't seem to stock Yamaha. Moving on....

Thanks for being an asshat. If I provided a link from another website for a guitar, and asked for your guys opinion, then I may have changed my mind about the criteria of where I want to buy a guitar from. May as well have told me to buy a new amp.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by AWACS
Thanks for being an asshat. If I provided a link from another website for a guitar, and asked for your guys opinion, then I may have changed my mind about the criteria of where I want to buy a guitar from. May as well have told me to buy a new amp.
If you think about it, had you read the OP, and followed the lnks it contained, then I wouldn't be an "Asshat".

Makes you wonder doesn't it, which came first, the chicken or the egg?

EDIT: OK, I reread the original link. They do carry some Yamahas, just not that one.

I'm still going to leave the first part of this reply stand, simply because I think it's funny.

I dunno, maybe I should save it for when I'm completely right. Nah, I can always use it again anyway...

EDIT 2 : The OP's supplier doesn't carry the Yamaha you linked. Oddly, they skip over that price point and go from 1 or 2 hundred to about 9 hundred (CAD). Here's that link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

So, I'm not wrong about your link being irrelevant to this discussion. Who knows, maybe it's just out of stock, and you'll get to be right later.

I realize I'm operating outside what seems to be a general forum policy, no matter what they've been looking at, sell them something else, preferably a Yamaha. Heck, I do it myself sometimes. I just wanna fit in, if you can believe that......

I'm really not as hard to get along with as people make me out to be. Just a minor irritant really.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Apr 1, 2012,
Check out the Cordoba Brand, I have a 45FM. Handmade in Spain and they play beautifully. Intonation was perfect and the resonance was great too. I bought mine used for about ~350USD I'm sure you could get some of their lower models new for under 400
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
OK, quick question here about this:
No you are not a badass for making fun of Bieber, get off the bandwagon and leave him alone
There's a fairly heavy presence on the "Pro Beiber Bandwagon". That said, it seems both intolerant and discriminatory, to try and suppress anti Beiber sentiment.
Grow up kid, this isn't the right time nor subforum for you to bring up a quote in my signature
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by megano28
Grow up kid, this isn't the right time nor subforum for you to bring up a quote in my signature
Grow up huh? I'll have to get on with that. Funny thing, I posed that as a question, yet ended the sentence with a period. (really two sentences, both ending with a period). I thought it was an accident myself, til I saw the second one.
Cranky, sorry for calling you an "asshat", but I felt that you didn't really contribute anything to the thread, so there should have been no reason for you to post in the first place.

Sorry man.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by AWACS
Cranky, sorry for calling you an "asshat", but I felt that you didn't really contribute anything to the thread, so there should have been no reason for you to post in the first place.

Sorry man.
Oddly, I don't consider being told someone saying they're, "sorry" for calling me an "asshat" and then lecturing me on whether or not I should be involved with the thread in question anything like a sincere apology..

It's not a problem. You can call me all the names you like. Just remember, when you digress to name calling, that's pretty much an instant "lose", in any type of intellectual exchange.

Here's the thing, linking all kinds of instruments the TS doesn't have access to, really doesn't constitute help, it just confuses the issue.
Everybody here, at one time or another, tries to sell somebody the same guitar they have. Studies have been done as the the reasons people do this, (with all products), some with good intentions, and some not so good.

Really, I could paste links into this thread all night with different guitars on each one. Would I "have the right, (or your "permission"), to post to this thread" if I did so?

So, call me all the names you like, but spare me the lecture, and the inept attempts at being an amateur moderator. The reason I joined the thread was because of all the linking to different guitars in different places that had begun. The TS was specific, "I have to buy it HERE".

I find it somewhat of an offbeat stipulation myself. No matter. The TS says, "thems the rules". I suppose we deal with it.

Help the TS choose between the instruments he has access to, and desires, rather than sending him on a scavenger hunt- slash- wild goose chase. (Even if Canada is the ideal place for that sort of thing).
A lecture? It was 2 sentences. I'm sorry I forgot about MF. Helpful suggestions would be nice, saying, "what about X website? No?" I'm trying to be civil with my apology, and yet you are giving me a lecture? I just wanted suggestions or guidelines about what guitar to buy.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Wait, so can you or can you not buy from Musicians Friend? If you can, I'd say go for the Yamaha.
Yes, I think I am willing to buy from MF.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by AWACS
Yes, I think I am willing to buy from MF.
Solved. It's not a really big gamble, most every musician on the planet has done so, at one time or another. Call by 11:00 they'll boot it out the door for you the same day.

You'd have to call MF on this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/international-customers MF's catalogs item are individually marked as to where they can be shipped. The Yamaha in question doesn't have an icon.

I'm including this Gibson Les Paul page: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-standard-traditional-pro-electric-guitar Because it implicitly states that the guitar can be shipped to Canada. (I'm just including it for reference, not to convince you to give up the whole nylon string idea).
Thank you Cranky, I wasn't sure/didn't look up MF's shipping policy to Canada. Are we okay now Cranky?
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Let us know how it works out for you

Also, If you are serious about getting get good at classical guitar, be sure to get a teacher who's experienced with it if at all possible. You don't have to, it's just hard to teach yourself the technique if you don't.

Good luck!
Quote by AWACS
Thank you Cranky, I wasn't sure/didn't look up MF's shipping policy to Canada. Are we okay now Cranky?
I'm good. I hope you feel the same way....

Best of luck with whatever guitar you decide on.
For sure. Sorry to freak out on you Cranky.

I'll also most likely go with the Yamaha CG192C that was in my most recent link. HOWEVER, more suggestions and/or videos of other guitars would be appreciated.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by AWACS

what you need is a new amp.

the yamaha is nice. but, i bought a classical aria for about $100, and it is the most amazing, vibrant sounding classical ever. when im not doing TEH SHREDD it is my favourtie guitar.

no model names, because im not sure. Do try some though, completely outclassed others i tried.
OK, I did a little more shipping research. zZounds will also ship to Canada.

However, their Yamahas don't show as shippable to Canada. Which is the same result I got at M'sF.

I'm starting to suspect Yamaha, being a worldwide company, may have authorized distributors in CA, and our US based authorized dealers, may not be able to encroach on their territories.

zZounds shipping page: http://www.zzounds.com/shipping I've dealt with them many times, and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. They don't have as large a selection as M'sF, some Cordobas and Taks, which may be out of the budget

Oddly, M'sF is the only one showing the mid line Yamaha you're looking at. zZounds has the low end pieces, the same as McQuade & Norris.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to call Musician's Friend directly, since quite often you can get promotional prices on the phone, that a web purchase attempt would decline.

Great news! If you're willing to spring for a Taylor, They'll ship them anywhere....Yeah, I know.

In a cruel, bitter, and ironic twist, "La Partie" classicals aren't listed as being shippable to Canada....
Weird. Thank you very much Cranky.

That Yamaha I posted has caught my eye, but I'm just looking for anything in the $400 to $500 range that is of good quality. I talked to my guitar buddy who knows his stuff, and he told me that ~$500 is a good bang-for-buck price with nylon's.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive