I run a side business fixing computers, setting up networks, setting up stereos, that sort of thing.

Normally, my problem is people trying to exploit relationships to get me to do work fro them for free. For example, two days ago a woman brought her entire network in to the school for me to troubleshoot. Seriously, wireless router, wireless printer, a couple laptops. I remember looking at her and thinking, you have got to be kidding me. I had a talk with my boss, and that crap is coming to an end.

Ok, so My Guitar teacher is a retired school teacher that I get a kick out of. She's the Grandma everyone always wanted. She is also, due to investing well rich and only teaches guitar lessons a couple times a week because she enjoys it.

Now where these two meet is I fixed my teacher and her husband's computers, straightened out the wireless network, connected in their internet connected TV, and upgraded their Ipods and Ipads. And I had fun doing it. These are really cool people.

And now, they are insisting that I charge them.

I don't want to charge them.

Anyone who's ever run a business has had the opposite problem before, people who would not pay, but now the client wants to pay me, I could use the cash, I could always use more cash, and my girlfriend wants to meet up in Nashville over Easter, and any reasonable bill I submit will more than cover the gas money for that trip, and they can afford it. These people are not going to be eating cat food in order to pay their bill.

I know I should charge them, but I don't want to, it would be like charging my grandmother for tuning her TV.

Ok, so tell me what y'all would do?
If they want to pay, let them. Just tell them to pay what they think is appropriate

That is all
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by SG_dave
Get a free lesson in return.

Service exchange for service.

Tried that, they want to pay.
Quote by whoomit
If they want to pay, let them. Just tell them to pay what they think is appropriate

I tried that once with them, they started adding hours and calculated it based on the last guy who worked for them and couldn't get stuff to work reliably.

He overcharged the shit out of them and I walked out with a check so big I felt ashamed of myself.
Charge them, give them a fair and honest price. If they were overcharged tell them they were.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet
Charge them, give them a fair and honest price. If they were overcharged tell them they were.

This, and tell them to tell their friends. Do not offend her, take the payment.
Smile when you say that.
Quote by seabear70
I tried that once with them, they started adding hours and calculated it based on the last guy who worked for them and couldn't get stuff to work reliably.

He overcharged the shit out of them and I walked out with a check so big I felt ashamed of myself.

Did you say "thank you"?

GRAY RAINBOW

just take the money, if they can take the damage just let them. Letting them not pay is worse, because it's an insult. If my grandparents gave me some small cash or a bag of candies because I did the dishes or cleared the lawn I didn't say "sorry, but I hav principru"
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by slash_GNR666

That is all

Really, why don't you tell me all about how dumb I am?
You have come to "The Pit" asking for advice!
Then you might as well go hang yourself now!
You can only come here for verbal abuse.
But otherwise, just take a few bucks to keep them happy.
I do the same thing but I work for food! Keeps the taxman off my case and the C unts can't get 25% of my food... I now have a regular supply of my dinners ready to pick up a couple of times a week. Saves me cooking! lol