SON OF A BITCH! I work at a petrol station in Dorset, UK. The delivery drivers have said they are going to strike. It is not confirmed and there isn't a date set. But some wanker in Government said it would be wise to top your car up. Then someone else said it'd be wiser to top you car up and fill up fuel cans. So the whole of England has gone crazy about petrol today and yesterday. Yesterday alone, we took £37,000 in fuel sales. In one day. We usually do about £24,000 in a day. I bet today we hit around £42,000.

Basically, everyone thinks we're running out of fuel so they're getting as much as they can. The supermarket down the road had people outside only letting a small number of cars in at a time. They apparently always had a queue of around 100 cars.

So basically, you do not need to worry. Maybe fill your car up when the strike is announced, but find out from your petrol station how big their tanks are to see if they're likely to run out. Our's for example are huge. We won't run out of fuel.

Shit the bed that was a long and busy day at work...
Oh Conservative government. I can't work out whether they're bungling or scheming.
Quote by gabcd86
Oh Conservative government. I can't work out whether they're bungling or scheming.

If that was a money making scheme to help boost the economy a little, then it was quite a smart move. The average price of fuel per customer today must have been around £60. Everyone was filling their car right up and then taking some fuel cans. But now, nearly every petrol station locally is dry. And this wasn't just my town. It's all over the UK.
Thank god I can't afford a car.

Wait...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
FFS, I'm at my red line and have been waiting until the light came on to fill up.

Thanks a lot, hysterical panic buyers
People be crazy.

Petrol stations near me are all dry, topped my car up a few days ago with zero queuing .
Manchester United
What does the daily mail say about it? "Fill up your car now, gents, tomorrow the world will be dry! Also muslims and immigrants did it probably"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
What does the daily mail say about it? "Fill up your car now, gents, tomorrow the world will be dry! Also muslims and immigrants did it"

Fixed.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Kensai
What does the daily mail say about it? "Fill up your car now, gents, tomorrow the world will be dry! Also muslims and immigrants did it probably"

Muslims and immigrants are stealing fuel from hard working English people & paying for it with benefits.

Damn foreigners.
Manchester United
Went for a general fill up today as my car was low, and it was so busy everywhere was mental.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
lol @ calling it petrol
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
lol @ calling it petrol

would you prefer gas, despite petrol being sold as a liquid?

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

People are stupid.
That's pretty much all there is to this.
However, by the time a strike date is announced(by a bunch of wankers who do a job that's only marginally above unskilled, and get a huge amount over the national average, being almost as bad as train drivers in their ****-ness), the stations will be filled up again.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Kensai

Now police force orders petrol stations to CLOSE and rationing starts: Total chaos as minister tells drivers to top up when their tanks are half full... the day after we were told to fill up jerry cans

If you really must know.
Quote by Zoot Allures
The world is not split into black and white absolutes and there is a lot more to this than 'goodies' and 'baddies'.
Jesus christ. Don't these cretins realise that most of them will have to fill up before the strike actually happens?
Whereabouts in Dorset do you work?

I need to get some petrol tommorow when i finally get paid and i'm gonna be pissed off if i can't get anywhere on my week off because a bunch of mongs are overreacting.

****ing media having a slow news days and decide to make a crisis so that they have something to report making the problem worse and worse.
Quote by Greenie_777
Whereabouts in Dorset do you work?

I need to get some petrol tommorow when i finally get paid and i'm gonna be pissed off if i can't get anywhere on my week off because a bunch of mongs are overreacting.

****ing media having a slow news days and decide to make a crisis so that they have something to report making the problem worse and worse.

Slow news day?
Ed Milliband and Ed Balls went to Greggs.
Seriously, how every broadsheet didn't do a double-page on that is beyond me.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Slow news day?
Ed Milliband and Ed Balls went to Greggs.
Seriously, how every broadsheet didn't do a double-page on that is beyond me.

More important news according to the mirror - George Osbourne can't remember the last time he bought a pasty - OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE COMMON PEOPLE AND/OR DOSEN'T LIKE PASTIES!
Quote by Greenie_777

The media haven't created anything - they reported that strike action was likely to take place, Maude and Davey made cocks out of themselves, and everything's spiralled.

I mean you might think that a media blackout on industrial disputes is preferable, but...
Quote by Zoot Allures
The world is not split into black and white absolutes and there is a lot more to this than 'goodies' and 'baddies'.
Last edited by Cloaca at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by andyscoot
More important news according to the mirror - George Osbourne can't remember the last time he bought a pasty - OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE COMMON PEOPLE AND/OR DOSEN'T LIKE PASTIES!

And he's in charge of the economy? No wonder the world is about to be repossesed.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
And he's in charge of the economy? No wonder the world is about to be repossesed.

This is just about the only thing he shouldn't be lambasted for. Terrible journalism, predictably, on the Mirror's part there.
Quote by andyscoot
This is just about the only thing he shouldn't be lambasted for. Terrible journalism, predictably, on the Mirror's part there.

I know, I forgot to add the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags.
Quote by Diemon Dave