Hi! I'm fairly new to playing the guitar. I started about 4 months ago.
Recently I was looking for some good songs to learn and came across fur elise. But I think the song is far too hard for me. I have practiced it for about 2 weeks now and I still can't get some parts sound right and smooth.
So I was wondering, is it normal to learn one song for a couple of weeks or even a month, or should i pick some easier songs and then come back to harder songs when i'm able to learn them faster.
Thank you.
Here's the song i am trying to learn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qbcSYIw9w
It's not necessarily too hard, but you might just be burnt out on it. Try focusing on something else for a bit and come back to this in a week or two.
Quote by begguitarist
I have practiced it for about 2 weeks now and I still can't get some parts sound right and smooth.
So I was wondering, is it normal to learn one song for a couple of weeks or even a month, or should i pick some easier songs and then come back to harder songs when i'm able to learn them faster.

The newer you are at learning guitar, the longer it will take to learn anything. But, yes; harder pieces take longer to learn... and even now that I've been playing for a few years, some parts still take a week or two to get down. It's not uncommon.

Personally, I don't learn one song at a time. That way, I never get burnt out on a particular piece. Don't stop practicing Fur Elise, but maybe branch out a bit.

For reference, I've been practicing the riff to "Ghost" by Slash for over a year.