Or welder... or stone mason or miner or electrician?

You would get 300,000 roubles of course!

Vladimir Putin has announced a new Soviet-style competition to find Russia's best workers.

Russia's president-elect told a cabinet meeting that there would be cash prizes for the winning welder, stone mason, electrician, miner and lorry driver.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17555290

Good idea? lols? People trying their hardest, only to lose to nepotistic picks from Government officials, eventually giving up on all work and becoming Krokodil addicts?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
>lorry

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm sure he'll be hard pushed to find somebody with all of those skills though.
Maybe if our culture upheld your average vocational occupation as something deserving of respect and admiration, instead of glorifying lawyers, bankers, consultants, and similar white-collar ilk, our economy would be foundationally stronger and not so susceptible to the vicissitudes of abstract financial markets whose own operators don't fully understand it. #realtalk
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Maybe if our culture upheld your average vocational occupation as something deserving of respect and admiration, instead of glorifying lawyers, bankers, consultants, and similar white-collar ilk, our economy would be foundationally stronger and not so susceptible to the vicissitudes of abstract financial markets whose own operators don't fully understand it. #realtalk

Still reading this in Magneto's voice, even without the avatar. Definitely something he'd say.
Also +1
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Still reading this in Magneto's voice, even without the avatar. Definitely something he'd say.
Also +1

I wouldn't bet a bent penny that any of the winners won't be members of whatever political party Putin represents.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The most famous of these was miner Alexei Stakhanov, who set a record for coal extraction in 1935.

He sounds fun. Actually his entire mine was probably a right fucking laugh riot.
Quote by Zoot Allures
The world is not split into black and white absolutes and there is a lot more to this than 'goodies' and 'baddies'.
He just wants to challenge tha nation to see, if there are any men as manly as he is!