Nice song, but the chord choices are a bit cliche. There are so many other songs with the same chord choices and progression. You've got a good voice, but you seem a little bored at times, maybe cause you're holding your voice back. Let it out. Put more feeling into your voice and this would improve a lot more. As it is, it sounds a bit monotonous most of the time. not a bad song, but it needs more work. Should tighten up your playing more too.
Quote by Harlot Hero
Nice song, but the chord choices are a bit cliche. There are so many other songs with the same chord choices and progression. You've got a good voice, but you seem a little bored at times, maybe cause you're holding your voice back. Let it out. Put more feeling into your voice and this would improve a lot more. As it is, it sounds a bit monotonous most of the time. not a bad song, but it needs more work. Should tighten up your playing more too.

Yeah, I've done a better recording since but this video has gotten a surprising amount of view so I don't wanna change it :P
I can't say I was feeling the vocals, man. If it's a Bob Dylan kind of thing you're going for, than that's totally cool. Just not necessarily my cup of tea, I suppose. Your songwriting in general is definitely good, man, so keep it up

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29411734#post29411734

EDIT: Just watched Out of the Blue, and I have to say I really enjoyed that one a lot more. Your voice on that one was much better, and the guitar was a lot more interesting. So, write more songs like that one, haha
Honey mustard is best mustard.
Last edited by TearsForWater at Apr 1, 2012,
The lyrics are well,just not good.I hate to be a prick because what do I know?
The progression is nothing new.I just feel you wrote this in two minutes and made a video.I'm sorry man, I just don't dig it.

I am not trying to attack you.I feel it is important to give an honest opinion. It's nothing personal.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
I don't think theres anything wrong with a basic progression, theres still great music made today with 3-4 basic chords. For an acoustic version of something you could layer with more tracks another time I feel the songs good. Nothing special but a nice casual pop song. I think maybe you could take a chorus out of there though.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1529697
SweetenerCorp:

I whole heartedley agree that there is nothing wrong with basic progressions.I use them often.It's just adding something fresh to it that is needed.Something as simple as a different strum pattern.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
Quote by kornflipsk8er
SweetenerCorp:

I whole heartedley agree that there is nothing wrong with basic progressions.I use them often.It's just adding something fresh to it that is needed.Something as simple as a different strum pattern.

Yeah, I appreciate the honesty man! I've improved it since but for some reason it's gotten loads of views so I don't wanna put up the new video :P My vocals aren;t that good yet but I've only been singing for a month.
My opinion of this song is that I don't like it.

Your talent level is above the level of this performance. This problem is solved with consistent practice.
You're getting the basics then.so yea, keep going with it.

cheers!
Quote by lol2theworld
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88