Page 1 of 18
Eveyboday, EVERBODAYYAHEY, everybody sign up!

Okay so in the Febuary 29 Day Album Challenge Release Thread there was some talk of this, after me doing a split EP with myself because I was forever alone, and really wanted to make one anyway. S[, the goal is to make a SPLIT EP/ALBUM/SINGLE with another user of UG. So here we go, what you do to participate:

• Post in this thread to find users you'd like to work with
  • Write songs (must be ORIGINAL material you've written from AFTER you've signed up).
  • Try to record them in a way to make a coherent piece (we don't want a split with professional quality songs and then rockband mic jame sessions, now do we?) THIS IS THE HARD PART.
  • Put those sexy bitches together, make some album art
  • ??????
  • Release it for free in the release thread !!!!

There is no time requirement, it can be as short/long as you please. The only song requirement is that both artist must write AT LEAST one song all by themselves. You can have covers if you'd like, if you really want you may have a cover split EP, but I'd prefer to keep it more original. I'm hoping to have this out by June. So the main challenge is making the songs work together, other than that it is very stress free challenge. I think it's a good community effort thing, and you'll learn to love and hate one specific user, so please sign up! And feel free to post any progress you have or blogs in this thread so we can keep it alive. I will not let it die, just so you know, so you might as well participate.

FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SIGNING UP/LOOKING FOR USERS: I will put you in a list at the bottom, so include your genre of preference, influences, or whatever, and if you have it I will link your music to your name so people can hear what you are capable of.

Also, this is my first time making a planning thread so if I've forgotten anything, am generally stupid, or made any mistakes let me know.

ANOTHER ALSO: You can collaborate with more than one user, but it must be a split. So two distinct artists.

Users signed up and looking :
Gerard_xD
Iommipage (Post-rock/punk/blues)
S0n1c '97 (Prog)
turncoat60% (chill ambient folk/acoustic jams)
korinaflyingv (atmospheric/traditional folkiness)

Happy couples:
whoomit & Due_07 (WHO DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE)
Jon777 & ME! (rockfan7)
ChamsRock & Hephistopheles
Gorelord666 & Gorelord666
Crossback07 & Blake 1221 & The Reverend (hot three way action going on here)
Saint78 & jakesmellspoo
IRISH_PUNK13 & whoomit (whoomit is a two timing bastard)
JustRooster & Entity0009 (or however many letters they have in their names)
chriscobonham & PTOD
Gaiad & slipknot5678
godisasniper & Hriday
aCloudConnected & brustle
theogonia777 & Primus2112 & Goest (More hot three way sludge fest action here)
DempseyPunk & FrauVfromPoB

IF YOU NEED DRUMS OR ANY HELP POST HERE AND WE WILL HOOK YOU UP, DON'T MAKE EXCUSES NOT TO JOIN BECAUSE OF THAT!

inb4 posts.
Last edited by rockfan7 at Apr 3, 2012,
Quote by blake1221
I call The Dead Panels.

Fuck you, I'm out. No point now.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by blake1221
I call The Dead Panels.

DEATH!

plz due ur the st. of my <3 plz i drum 4 u.
I've done 2 Death Panels covers and I have 238 plays on my last.fm

Quote by blake1221
lol can't has.

Fuckeerrrss.
Quote by whoomit
I've done 2 Death Panels covers and I have 238 plays on my last.fm

So your involvement in the split would tarnish it from being an unbiased piece of work.

I'm doing this for your own good, and my God, that's an odd obsession.
I might have to do a split with goest.

When is this all happening though?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
I might have to do a split with goest.

When is this all happening though?

The OP says by June, but I'm not sure if that's an official set date.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Yeah I didn't want this to be like the Febuary thing where only 4/5 people were able to finish, so I'm saying June just as a general idea. I want us to do it, but I don't want us not to because there is no deadline so I'm saying definitely by June.
Fuck it. I'll actually join this. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'll manage somehow. Sign me up.
Who else is definitely in? I feel like putting Due in even though he hasn't been here yet, just because I want more of his music
I'm definitely in, and if goest doesn't want to do this, Blake can do one with me.

I don't know what type of music I'd want to do, I suppose it depends on who I did it with, but I like the idea of maybe some sort of folk/sludge metal. I don't know really.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by CrossBack7
I'm in. Any sort of emo/alternative/pop-punk type stuff is cool with me. I need a drummer.

Actually, whoomit can have Due. I'm with you.
What if we have a split within a split within a split that is within the first split?

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
I'll try to take part if someone can do some drums for me.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by whoomit
Fuck it. I'll actually join this. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'll manage somehow. Sign me up.

Maybe you can be with me on it?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I'll offer to do drums for people. I don't know if I can get decent quality though, I don't know if we'll get time at the band's studio or not

If not then I can still get this kind of quality if that's what you're looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USmmtw3AU78

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Maybe you can be with me on it?

OWH HARROW!

So you know, my stuff could consist of absolutely any shite... Might include some hip-hop, might not. Might include some metal, might not. Might include stupid shit, might not. Might include electronic stuff, might not
Last edited by whoomit at Mar 29, 2012,
Cool idea, I really wish I could commit to it, but no recording means/decent singing voice/my band wouldn't be up for it.

Quote by due 07
Lul, ya I'll do a split single w/ sum1. HMU if you wanna.

split singl w/ mi idol. mi band wood lol @ me but itd b worth it <3
Quote by whoomit
split singl w/ mi idol. mi band wood lol @ me but itd b worth it <3

Sounds swag then. You wanna do a single or EP?
I'd be down for this.

If anyone wants to team up with me, I write mostly prog rock/metal, with some acoustic stuff. Nu metal is a guilty pleasure, so you might hear some touches of that too. I record in pretty poor quality, fyi. Check the first link in my sig for examples. Listen to a coupe of the songs, and let me know if you're interested. I'll try not to write stuff that sucks.
I can do drums for anyone who can get the basic MIDI files to me.

Also, who is definitely together?
Quote by due 07
Sounds swag then. You wanna do a single or EP?

Could do an EP with however many songs each, and then a split song as well?
Quote by whoomit
Could do an EP with however many songs each, and then a split song as well?

Alrighty, sounds good. I've never done a collaboration before. :-D

whoomit and I are officially a happy loving couple.
Quote by due 07
Alrighty, sounds good. I've never done a collaboration before. :-D

whoomit and I are officially a happy loving couple.

Dis gon' be SICK

Edit: Oh by the way, who are The Exit Bags?
Last edited by whoomit at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by Jon777
Thanks man. I'm down if you are.

I am! Is gonna be sick. It's official now.
Quote by whoomit
Dis gon' be SICK

Edit: Oh by the way, who are The Exit Bags?

█▐▌█▐▌'s excellent musical group. These hoes love 'em, mayne.
Quote by Gerard_xD
Cool idea, I really wish I could commit to it, but no recording means/decent singing voice/my band wouldn't be up for it.

It doesn't have to be high quality, it's just good fun, so if you can get anything together at all you should try Acoustic EP's are always boss.

Quote by godisasniper
I'd love to do this. Who wants to team up?

You should try to get one of the post-rock guys!
Quote by rockfan7
I am! Is gonna be sick. It's official now.

EDIT: Just a head's up, but the link to my song in the OP is broken.
Last edited by Jon777 at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by due 07
█▐▌█▐▌'s excellent musical group. These hoes love 'em, mayne.

I haven't listened to them, but I downloaded them when I downloaded your Sag Christmas and Genesis EPs. Shall have to listen to them tomorrow
Quote by rockfan7
It doesn't have to be high quality, it's just good fun, so if you can get anything together at all you should try Acoustic EP's are always boss.

Well I've been working on my singing a bit lately, I'm sure if this threads still going in a month or two I'll have some sort of low-quality acoustic track to offer, haha.