Would the Marshall MA100H or MA50H Head work good for metal? Stuff like escape the fate, and bullet for my valentine?
For stuff like that you'd be better off with an used Peavey 6505/6505+ or 5150.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
For stuff like that you'd be better off with an used Peavey 6505/6505+ or 5150.

Yea thats origanally what i want but i was just looking at amps on guitarcenters website and i heard marshalls were good and i wanted some opinions
Quote by Iplayaguitar15
Yea thats origanally what i want but i was just looking at amps on guitarcenters website and i heard marshalls were good and i wanted some opinions

Yeah well, the Marshalls you listed are decent, but not as good as what Peavey would be capable of for that given style. I guess a Marshall DSL could be great too. I've got a 40W 112 combo version of the DSL and it's pretty versatile. Fits me and answers my needs with a great response.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

escape the fate???, wait i thought u said metal???
Na just jokes aye, get a peavey 6505, ive got one and i managed to hit bullets tone almost perfectly, they real versatile with the presence and resonance controls
Quote by PrimitiveGuitar
escape the fate???, wait i thought u said metal???

And BFMV is...?

Quote by olix95
for your metal, you want the peaveys. no doubt

Yes, but if he wants some options, he should get some.

TS, what's your budget?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Last edited by Sakke at Mar 29, 2012,
If you have they money go for a mesa head with an orange cab?, very expensive though, espically if you want the triple rectifier head
Quote by Iplayaguitar15
Would the Marshall MA100H or MA50H Head work good for metal? Stuff like escape the fate, and bullet for my valentine?

Not metal, like, at all.

And no, they're fizzy and weak sounding. You'd be better off with a Peavey 6505 or 6505+. Buy used, they're well within your range.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
lolwut^

verb the noun bands all sound the same to me. you need one tone for them. bad.
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
yes, but you could do better. the MA series are okay, but they really are not particularly good. Marshalls are famous for their high-end products, and their lower end ranges do not follow suit.

whats your budget? are you thinking half-stack (4x12 cabinet), head+212 cab or is a combo cool too?
They should serve you well. More expensive Marshall amplifiers will serve you better, but those should do the trick. Now what cabinet(s) are you going to play it through?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
They should serve you well. More expensive Marshall amplifiers will serve you better, but those should do the trick. Now what cabinet(s) are you going to play it through?

if you want a marshall for metal you want a Splawn.

if you want a peavey 5150/6505/etc they are decent amps, but there are much better amps for the $$$$
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by IronMaiden76
lolwut^

verb the noun bands all sound the same to me. you need one tone for them. bad.

some of us like modern stuff. ;/
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Iplayaguitar15

If you want my opinion: Marshall hasn't made a single good high gain amp for over 20 years. The last good one was the JCM800KK. If you want a good high gain modern marshall, go splawn or Titan.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Iplayaguitar15

Were is the operative word there. In the 1980s and early 1990s Marshalls were still good for metal. These days, not so much.