hey guys. im running a bugera 626 with an rp500 pedal, gibson explorer with emg x's and my cab is a peavey with 2 eminence swamp thangs and texas heats. i had a buddy over playing today, he was using my old line 6 spider lll 75 watt with an older digitech pedal and a esp with regualr emgs. and for some reason my sound was really digital compared to his. i have no idea why. but it was reall fuzzy and unclear. for a second. it sounded like i wasnt even using a tube amp. whats the deal? any suggestions?
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
for a second.

If it was only for a second, what's the problem?
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
i didnt mean to put a period after for a second. it didnt sounds like a tube amp. and i also tryed using my amps distortion. sounded pretty similar
how can a tube amp sound digital compared to a line 6 spider III.
you've probably got your idea of digital and tube mixed up buy a line 6 spider. it brings the brootz.
There are a lot of reasons why distortion may sound fizzy. It'll be nearly impossible to nail down your particular issue without clips or additional information.

Sorry.
What tubes are in it? If it has old gen 7 Shuguangs or Sovteks I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it sounds tinny. I think digital is the wrong adjective, man.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
they are the stock tubes it came with. i beleive chineese. i know i need some new tubes. but should i even bother with this amp? are putting good tubes in a bugera like putting steak on the mcdonalds menu?
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
they are the stock tubes it came with. i beleive chineese. i know i need some new tubes. but should i even bother with this amp? are putting good tubes in a bugera like putting steak on the mcdonalds menu?

I used to own one. A tube swap does help the amp a lot. Honestly, I liked the tone of the Bugera a lot, honestly probably more than the Peaveys they imitate. People can bash the reliability of the amps all they want, but they do sound good.
I'm glad I didn't buy a Bugera! I didn't think it that bad but, damn, a spider?!?!
Stick some JJ's in it and you'll think you bought a new amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Stick some JJ's in it and you'll think you bought a new amp.

+1 cause this happened with my bv150
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Dont turn the gain all the way up either. Those have a ton more gain than anyone ever would use, so after a certain point it just adds fizz. Plus with tube amps at low volumes they will sound fizzy sometimes. The tube swap will be a VERY noticeable different too.
I feel like I have to chime in and defend my amp now. Reliability may have been an issue with Bugeras at first (or maybe it still is. I heard the later issued ones have since fixed the problem, but hey), but I've had mine for over a year now, not a single problem. As for the sound compared to a spider, my friend has one, and comparing them on tone is like comparing a capgun to a howitzer. Maybe it's your EMGs or that RP you're using, or maybe just a temporary loss of sanity. That or you've dialled in seriously badly. What settings are you using?
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
i turned down my gain from 9 to 5. helped alot. still thinkin i need new tubes though. espicially since my amp has been making funny popping and cracklin noises for a while.
less gain is a good start. keep in mind that your sound can change a little as the tubes get hotter as well. often guys set up thier tone right after they turn the amp on and then have the same problem you mentioned after it's been running for a while.
Typically, less gain and more volume will cure most of the fizzy problem. The stock tubes that Bugera puts in their amps are pretty bad though. All of the aforementioned tips will make it sound better though.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
considering i only have gain at 5 and like the way it sounds. should i get tubes that are meant for high gain?