So I have been playing guitar for a little over 2 years now and feel like I'm ready for something new, a whole new sound maybe.
I have a roland cube 20X and I like it a lot but now that I have a second guitar I feel that this amp models the sound a bit too much..

Now I'm on a tight budget so I'm thinking about the following things:

1. New amp: I really like the blackstar amps and the shops here recently started selling them. I could save up for one under 600 euro

2: swapping out pickups. Will I notice a big change in sound with the current amp?

3. A boss gt-10. I am really drawn to it...

Can anybody give me advice on these topics as I am struggling with the options.

Thanks in advance!
Spider amp. Best. Amp. Ever. I. Bought. One. Never. Looked. Back.

I'm blind, so I've never looked back in my life as I have no sense of direction.

Spider.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
My Line 6 Spider III really brings out the tone in my B.C. Rich.

Don't listen to this guy...
He jizzed on his chin a while ago. You can only do that if you have a huge chin. Only (internet) trolls have huge chins. He is a troll.

But now seriously, listen to me. The Line 6 Spider III brings the BROOTZ!
If you buy the spider and maybe a metal zone, use both distortions, will sound really tight.
not everyone is into BROOOTZ right? XD

I have an (ESP) Grassroots forest model and play a lot of neo-classical stuff and things like zaza's music and songs like canon rock. I like the blackstar amp tone but I'm wondering if that purchase is the right choice... just swapping out pickups for some seymour duncans, would I notice the change in sound with my cube amp?

I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum
Trolls lmao. Don't get a spider. DON'T. GET. A. SPIDER. It will make a $3,000 PRS sound nearly identical to a $100 First Act. That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it honestly isn't THAT much of a stretch. I don't have much experience with the boss GT-10, but it does do a lot that a much cheaper processor can do for hundreds less. My Digitech RP255 does much the same stuff that the Boss does, for about 150 euros. Sure, the Boss has a much sexier interface, but a better interface isn't worth an extra 300~ euros IMO.
copy and paste your original post and post it in the correct forum. you'll get more help there.

But i hope you don't believe us when we say that the line 6 is a good amp

what pickups are currently in your guitar?
Quote by Jon777
People aren't really going to help you much here. I'd try asking this in the gear forum.

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Quote by Jon777
I like it in the pooper. So what?

it's totally gay.
I'd definitely go with a new amp. But not, I repeat NOT a Spider. Absolute sh!t. I like my Cube, but if it's not your bag, go with something else. Blackstars are good, but definitely weigh your options.
DEFFO not a spider.

I'm not new here ( I just couldn't be ****ed to find the right forum cos I just wanted some simple advice) so the line 6 crap won't fool me.

I have some stock duncan designed humbuckers in my guitar now.

I tried out some blackstar amps today and I have got to hand it to them: amazing amps. HT5-combo is such an amazing amp I might just get the top and have a look at some different cabinets
Buy a wall of Vox AC30's....and Fuzz gun.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6... Did I fool him with that crap
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Swapping out pickups makes a very noticeable difference. If you're happy with the sound of the Blackstar you tried out, than go with it.

If I had enough money for an amp, I'd get either a Laney half stack or a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
going for new pickups as well Seymour duncans. Tb-4 in bridge and SH-2n in neck.
Nice. Can't go wrong with Seymour Duncans, especially the SH-2. There's so much gear I want, but I'm too damn poor to afford any of it. For pickups, I really want some Tom Andersons. Aside from the money issue, the other thing that's stopping me from getting them is I like the stock pickups in my SG. I play mostly stoner and southern metal (Corrosion Of Conformity, Down, Sleep type stuff) and the pickups do a really nice job for me. But the Tom Andersons have a really nice bite to them that I like. Pepper Keenan has them in his old ESP Viper, and his tone on the Deliverance album is one of my all-time favorites.
Quote by StewieSwan
I like orange amps too ^^ The blackstar tone is just so sexy hahah it makes it hard to choose.

Right now the place I work at isn't doing too well so I don't have a lot of money.. right now I'd only be able to do one of three: pickups, amp, boss gt-10 (they have a discount on them over here and there are only 5 left)
I love the sh-2n and TB-4 combo so much. I'm just really worried about not having enough change in tone when I run it through my roland cube amp and modelling processor...

I have an LTD F100-FM and a Grassroots model with duncan designed pickups and between the two guitars I can't notice a big difference in sound.. also lately the floyd rose is going out of tune. just a divebomb or something lighter will knock it right out of tune... would replacing the brige and overall hardware (because I wanted to change the color anyway) help? It's a licensed. would replacing it with a special or an original make the difference? Or is it all in the set up. I had the licensed set up a while ago but it didn't seem to help much
I'd recommend getting a PodHd, I own a Gt-10
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Mayu!~
I like orange amps too ^^ The blackstar tone is just so sexy hahah it makes it hard to choose.

Right now the place I work at isn't doing too well so I don't have a lot of money.. right now I'd only be able to do one of three: pickups, amp, boss gt-10 (they have a discount on them over here and there are only 5 left)
I love the sh-2n and TB-4 combo so much. I'm just really worried about not having enough change in tone when I run it through my roland cube amp and modelling processor...

I have an LTD F100-FM and a Grassroots model with duncan designed pickups and between the two guitars I can't notice a big difference in sound.. also lately the floyd rose is going out of tune. just a divebomb or something lighter will knock it right out of tune... would replacing the brige and overall hardware (because I wanted to change the color anyway) help? It's a licensed. would replacing it with a special or an original make the difference? Or is it all in the set up. I had the licensed set up a while ago but it didn't seem to help much

Licensed FR's aren't that great to begin with. I've had mine for about a year now and there's some issues with them. They're not actually made by Floyd Rose which is the problem. The licensed FRs aren't made from the same metal, usually like a pot metal or something soft. Could be your strings are still breaking in, or they are slipping out of the locks. Doing another set up could help, but could take a good 2 or 3 hours if you do it yourself.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by bastards
Licensed FR's aren't that great to begin with. I've had mine for about a year now and there's some issues with them. They're not actually made by Floyd Rose which is the problem. The licensed FRs aren't made from the same metal, usually like a pot metal or something soft. Could be your strings are still breaking in, or they are slipping out of the locks. Doing another set up could help, but could take a good 2 or 3 hours if you do it yourself.

Yes the first time I set it up took me 4 hours. I was really a beginner when it came to floyd rose bridges but it was fairly easy to understand. just balancing out the spring tension and the strings can be a pain. I recently had the strings changed at the local guitar shop because I knew they'd have a look at the floyd for me as well

I don't know how old the guitar is but it can't be the strings..
It's a see thru red finish with black hardware.. I really wanted to change all the hardware to gold cos I thought it would look really nice. But spending that amount on buying a floyd rose special bridge just for cosmetics seemed a bit over the top..I am rather disappointed by the way it goes out of tune though. I hope replacing the whole bridge won't be necessary but if I really have to, I will. I don't understand the problem yet though. String retainer is installed, locking nut is ok. Bridge is balanced out perfectly so I have no idea.

The low E popped out today and it seemed to have stretched a bit at the brigde-end so I clipped that bit off and put it back in ( I didn't have another low E string). I was worried it wouldn't work but it seems fine again. I'm still hesistant about using the floyd though
Can't stand FR's. I had an LTD (forget which model) with a floyd rose bridge a few years back. Ended up trading it in for a Schecter Tempest.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah but I don't want a new guitar.. It's a japan only model and I really like everything else about it... just wish the bridge wouldn't go out of tune..
Quote by Mayu!~
Yeah but I don't want a new guitar.. It's a japan only model and I really like everything else about it... just wish the bridge wouldn't go out of tune..

Have you tried any guitars with the Kahler trem system?
Quote by StewieSwan
Yes. Cannot say that I was really impressed though. It either works or it doesn't.
I want to keep this guitar XD I just really want the floyd fixed.
Quote by Mayu!~
I have tried a few different amps and I know what I like most.

And yes I do realise this thread was supposed to be in the gear forum, I just wasn't bothered to look for it. Sorry?

No biggie.
Just thought you may get some more responses there.
Although some of us there can be a bit uhm...sarcastic.
Line 6 Spider 3 for the brutal distortion and a marshall MG stack's crushing overdrive, on stereo.

Seriously, do it and take a few pictures.
- - - - - - - - - - -
line6.... no. gtfo

Yes most people here are very sarcastic. Or just plain rude.

that's why I hardly ever post anything... that is also why I didn't pay much attention to the "forum rules"
got a boss gt-9 and i was happy with it. don't use it much anymore.

if you don't really need a modeling thing on your amp i'd say spend your money on a good amp without all that stuff
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Yeah that's what I was thinking!
I really like modelling processors thought. just adding stuff like delay and tweeking the distortion. It would help to have one when gigging. At the moment I only play at home.

At some point I hit that stage when my motivation was less but I find myself easily playing 6 hours straight again. I'm really looking to start a band again.

But I think out of a new processor, pickups or amp, the amp is the best choice.